Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Tyre for GTR2 conversion Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Tyre for GTR2 conversion Vote_lcapTyre for GTR2 conversion Voting_barTyre for GTR2 conversion Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Tyre for GTR2 conversion Vote_lcapTyre for GTR2 conversion Voting_barTyre for GTR2 conversion Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Hawk

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 2:25 am

Tyre for GTR2 conversion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncomman

Uncomman

Anzahl der Beiträge : 271

Tyre for GTR2 conversion Empty
PostSubject: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySat 01 Dec 2018, 7:17 am

I am converting the 1998 Supertouring mod frm GTR2 for my own use, but cannot finish because the 'tyr file is Michelin_GT.tyr and I don't have it or anything comparable. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1112

PostSubject: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySat 01 Dec 2018, 7:59 am

Think it comes with the forza lotus carlton over on trackaholics.

Have you posted any of your cars yet for us to use.

"I am converting the 1998 Supertouring mod frm GTR2 for my own use"

Be nice to have something back as you have picked everyone's brains on here ?

Last edited by fatguts on Sat 01 Dec 2018, 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySat 01 Dec 2018, 9:42 am

I'm not sure what you mean by "any of your cars". I have worked on ONE car, the 1964 Porsche 904-8, and ran into an obstacle with the spotlights, which I have neither the skills nor the software to place on the bonnet of the car. It is the only component stopping the mod from being released (besides Butch's permission). I have suggested one other car, the 1967 Porsche 910, but the work required to fix that mod is beyond my current knowledge or skills.

I have a business to run and a property to manage, so I can only learn as fast as time permits and resources allow.

I have, in fact, produced something I thought useful, but only one other person thought so:

https://www.evolution-modding.net/t2322-modified-mnu-for-gt-legends

I am converting the 1998 Supertouring mod for my own use because I particularly enjoyed that era of touring car racing and because I don't have permission to release as a GTL mod, will have to ask Ron123 & Sidstalker, but need to make sure I have it working before doing so.

Back to top Go down
tdurrett

Anzahl der Beiträge : 159

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySat 01 Dec 2018, 12:32 pm

There is a file that may be from the 10 year anniversary mod that you could use--HQMichelin_GT.tyr
Back to top Go down
fisheracing

fisheracing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 326

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySat 01 Dec 2018, 12:55 pm

bumped

Last edited by fisheracing on Sat 01 Dec 2018, 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3354

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySat 01 Dec 2018, 1:42 pm

Uncomman wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "any of your cars". I have worked on ONE car, the 1964 Porsche 904-8, and ran into an obstacle with the spotlights, which I have neither the skills nor the software to place on the bonnet of the car. It is the only component stopping the mod from being released (besides Butch's permission).

This skin at least has some spotlights on the bonnet:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-904-gts-150-monte-carlo-1965-v1_0-by-ericgtl.23782/

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
fisheracing

fisheracing

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySat 01 Dec 2018, 2:52 pm

Uncomman wrote:
I have worked on ONE car, the 1964 Porsche 904-8, and ran into an obstacle with the spotlights, which I have neither the skills nor the software to place on the bonnet of the car. It is the only component stopping the mod from being released (besides Butch's permission)  

Hello Mr. Uncomman. How are you Sir? I am going to take the liberty and speak for the handful of members who became stimulated and enticed by your motivation and interest in your [1964 Porsche 904/8] project. Yours truly included.
I understand your dilemma and the obstacles you are facing with this project as I myself dabble in the outer limits of modding as a personal hobby.

Uncomman wrote:
besides Butch's permission

I believe, if I am not mistaken, Butch has already chimed in and taken notice to your [1964 Porsche 904/8] project in prior posts and quite possibly has given you the green flag and his blessings in your endeavours providing you acknowledge that he is the original author of the body of work that has been altered.

Uncomman wrote:
I have, in fact, produced something I thought useful, but only one other person thought so:
https://www.evolution-modding.net/t2322-modified-mnu-for-gt-legends

And that individual would be me Sir. I always make sure I show gratitude for the efforts of others as I understand the sacrifice of time in one's personal commitment to a hobby as extensive as this one. (Sim-Racing to be precise).

If you can find it within yourself to trust me with your body of work, I would be more than willing to aid and assist you in the challenges you are facing in order to finalize this chapter of your modding adventure.

You may PM me with a suitable link to your [1964 Porsche 904/8 project] files and on your instructions, I will offer any assistance within my capabilities, to help you achieve your goals.

Thank you very much for any attention given to this matter and a good day to you Sir.

Glen [fisheracing]

Oh, and PS: Here is the .tyr file you are seeking >>> Michelin GT tyre <<<

It is one of the default tyre configuration files used in GTR2.
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySun 02 Dec 2018, 5:26 am

jeannomiller wrote:

This skin at least has some spotlights on the bonnet:

Thanks jeannomiller - perhaps we can go to school on that skin, but looking at it, it doesn't have supports for the spots, which are what we are specifically missing. I think the existing spots need to be moved to the bonnet and struts added

Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySun 02 Dec 2018, 5:31 am

fisheracing wrote:

You may PM me with a suitable link to your [1964 Porsche 904/8 project] files and on your instructions, I will offer any assistance within my capabilities, to help you achieve your goals.

Thank you very much for any attention given to this matter and a good day to you Sir.

Glen [fisheracing]

Oh, and PS: Here is the .tyr file you are seeking >>> Michelin GT tyre <<<

It is one of the default tyre configuration files used in GTR2.

Thanks Glen, MUCH obliged! You have a message in your inbox!

Already have the Supertouring mod up and running in it's present state, thanks to the addition of the Michelin, will post some pics and a short summary of what needs doing, most of which I can do.

Thanks again,
Derek
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySun 02 Dec 2018, 5:48 am

Here are screenshots at Donington of the Supertouring mod:

Tyre for GTR2 conversion Leader10
Tyre for GTR2 conversion Mid10
Tyre for GTR2 conversion Rearvi10

This was one of my favourite championships to watch, and when TOCA came out I bought it immediately, for its time it was superb. When I upgraded my desktop computer to WIN 7 I could not get TOCA to work, so finding this was a welcome surprise. It does need some work however, to bring it up to GTL standards. From the readme, my comments in brackets:

The sounds used other mods for sound effects so I used the GTR2's BMW M3's sounds if you want to edit these then please do. (I will attempt to get all the appropriate sounds done)
The skins are all 1024 x 1024 and look blocky this mod needs updated skins at 2048 x 2048. (I have no idea how to do this)
All cars shared the same engine and gearbox data (I will fix this)
All cars had no cockpit glass (Again, no idea)

The skins all look great to me, so it's mostly about physics with some cosmetic enhancements. In the meantime I will try to find the original modders and get their permission, if this is a mod people want.
Back to top Go down
fisheracing

fisheracing

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySun 02 Dec 2018, 3:13 pm

Uncomman wrote:
Here are screenshots at Donington of the Supertouring mod.

Very nice ! Good job getting this into GT Legends mate... thumbup

You need Photoshop, Blender or a suitable paint programme with a DDS PlugIn to increase the body1 texture from 1024x1024 to 2048x2048 (high resolution).
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptyMon 03 Dec 2018, 2:04 am

fisheracing wrote:

You need Photoshop, Blender or a suitable paint programme with a DDS PlugIn to increase the body1 texture from 1024x1024 to 2048x2048 (high resolution).

Oh if it's that simple I will do it, I have GIMP and Photoshop and the DDS plugin for both (I design websites and logos, so I use a lot of different software apps). I also have Geditor so I can export the body file and import it once I'm done.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySat 09 Feb 2019, 5:12 am

I have made some progress with this mod. I uprated the graphics to 2048 x 2048 and I changed the offsets. Here are some screenshots:

Tyre for GTR2 conversion Audi210
Tyre for GTR2 conversion Bmw10
Tyre for GTR2 conversion Honda10
Tyre for GTR2 conversion Nissan10
Tyre for GTR2 conversion Renaul10
Tyre for GTR2 conversion Vectra10

I also corrected the Alfa, replacing the 155 with the 156. Still have to do the skin:

Tyre for GTR2 conversion Alfa1510

Last edited by Uncomman on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySat 09 Feb 2019, 5:21 am

BUT I am having a CTD, only if I select the Honda to drive. Here is the trace:

vehgfx.cpp 2520: Entered VehGraphics::Init(GAMEDATA\TEAMS\SPORT\SUPER TOURING 98 HONDA ACCORD\TEAM HONDA SPORT\..\HONDA_ACCORD.CAS)
vehgfx.cpp 2552: Unable to read USERDATA\LOG\vehgen.scn: Error loading global material WC_TEAM_WHEEL_STYLE123
vehgfx.cpp 2607: Could not find instance "SLOT000"

I can't find a reference to WC_TEAM_WHEEL_STYLE123 in the CAS file, so I have no idea how to fix this?
Back to top Go down
fisheracing

fisheracing

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySat 09 Feb 2019, 11:44 am

Hello mate.

The material item WC_TEAM_WHEEL_STYLE123 is referencing these three textures:

1) honozwheel.dds
2) ozwheel_r.dds
3) emap_rim.dds
Tyre for GTR2 conversion Captur14

Check your Honda_Accord_wheels.gtr and Honda_Accord_tex.gtr (it's where I found them).
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySat 09 Feb 2019, 12:37 pm

Thanks fisheracing

I had a look in the Honda_Accord_tex.gtl (the mod is now gtl) and the three files are all present. So why is there a problem?
Back to top Go down
fisheracing

fisheracing

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySat 09 Feb 2019, 1:45 pm

Uncomman wrote:
I had a look in the Honda_Accord_tex.gtl (the mod is now gtl) and the three files are all present. So why is there a problem?

Not sure mate. Up the Honda Accord folder with the files to me and I shall take a look at the situation.
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySat 09 Feb 2019, 1:55 pm

Will do asap, on my phone at present. What is interesting is that I only get the CTD when I am trying to drive the Honda. Its fine when I am driving another car and the same Honda is driven by the AI without a problem.
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySun 10 Feb 2019, 4:41 am

Hmm I tested the other cars and all except the Mondeo result in a CTD when trying to drive the car. So sending the Honda Accord will not help. I will have a look at the Mondeo and see what is different about it
Back to top Go down
fisheracing

fisheracing

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptySun 10 Feb 2019, 12:01 pm

Ok mate. But bear in mind: One cannot fix what one cannot see. (in reference to me here) Wink

Good luck on finding the cure and do not hesitate to reach out for aid.

Cheers [fisheracing]
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion EmptyMon 11 Feb 2019, 2:49 am

fisheracing wrote:
Ok mate. But bear in mind: One cannot fix what one cannot see. (in reference to me here)  Wink

Good luck on finding the cure and do not hesitate to reach out for aid.

Cheers [fisheracing]

Thanks, just no point in sending you one car folder when they are all doing it. It must be something I've done in the conversion, but will let you know if I can't find it. Just very strange that its only when one drives any car that the CTD results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyre for GTR2 conversion   Tyre for GTR2 conversion Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyre for GTR2 conversion
Page 1 of 1