Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Needles are gone Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Needles are gone Vote_lcapNeedles are gone Voting_barNeedles are gone Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Needles are gone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

Anzahl der Beiträge : 411

Needles are gone Empty
PostSubject: Needles are gone   Needles are gone EmptyTue 08 Mar 2011, 5:10 pm

I have a big problem. I've lost the rev counter needle and the digital display readout in every car I have installed. It happens randomly and when happens it affects to every car in the simulator, and I'm not able to have the needles back if I don't erase every car and start again the whole process. It did let me install almost everything at first but now I can't even install gt 60 cars.

It's not the '3' key 'feature' that turns the needles off, the needles are simply gone. It happens only to the rev counter needle and the grey digital display readout.

It happens randomly. The last time was after installing the Austin Healy 3000 (the original, not a mod), before that it was the TVR Grantura. Before, a BMW 320.

As I thought that the cause could have been making new gearboxes for the cars I erased every svm file and replaced my gearboxes with the originals, but it didn't work.

I blamed the XD plugin at first so I didn't use it again after the first incident.

Could you tell me what can cause this kind of failure?

Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
brulaap
Premium Member
Premium Member
brulaap

Anzahl der Beiträge : 137

Needles are gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles are gone   Needles are gone EmptyTue 08 Mar 2011, 5:15 pm

i also have this problem ... with me it is related to the Wartburg ...

Cheers,
brulaap
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

Needles are gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles are gone   Needles are gone EmptyTue 08 Mar 2011, 5:27 pm

brulaap wrote:
i also have this problem ... with me it is related to the Wartburg ...

Cheers,
brulaap

My condolences, blulaap. I hope that we can get some help.
Back to top Go down
tdurrett

Anzahl der Beiträge : 159

Needles are gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles are gone   Needles are gone EmptyWed 09 Mar 2011, 4:06 pm

check you .plr file I noticed some cars or carsets change the follwing values to "0"

Show MoTeC in Cockpit="1"
Show Dials in Cockpit="1"

the F1-1975 set is the culprit for me.
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

Needles are gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles are gone   Needles are gone EmptyWed 09 Mar 2011, 4:55 pm

tdurrett wrote:
check you .plr file I noticed some cars or carsets change the follwing values to "0"

Show MoTeC in Cockpit="1"
Show Dials in Cockpit="1"

the F1-1975 set is the culprit for me.

Thanks for the help, tdurrett. I hadn't even seen the plr file yet. However, I have both values in "1". After posting last night I erased everything and started again. I could install a whole 1962 grid with 28 cars and it worked, but this morning I coudln't even install one more car and the ones that worked last night lost their rev counter gauges. It's quite a mistery!

Do you know if it could be happening due to a Windows XP unstabilty? Something that can be repaired by formatting + reinstalling windows.
Back to top Go down
brulaap
Premium Member
Premium Member
brulaap

Needles are gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles are gone   Needles are gone EmptyWed 09 Mar 2011, 5:58 pm

i don't think it has something to do with changes in the .PLR files (mine are Ok by the way).
It's just this one car (Wartburg). When I delete it everything goes back to normal.
So, i only put the Wartburg ingame when I want to drive it myself ... the AI may have a problem reading their rev-counters though, but that is not bothering me Very Happy
Cheers,
Brulaap
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3456

Needles are gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles are gone   Needles are gone EmptyWed 09 Mar 2011, 6:34 pm

Had the same issue ages ago - and I forgot the solution Crying or Very sad .

But I assume that this issue has something to do with the stex file to which the cas-file
refers to.

Which stex-file do you use?

There is a hudneed.dds included for example in the

GTL_STEX.gtr (P&G)
GTL_STEX.GTL (original GTL)
STEX_GTL.gtr (GTL-GTR2 mod by SCCA1981)

but not in the STEX.gtr from original GTR2 (I think there are no needles needed due
to digital huds)

Maybe it's worth a try.
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

Needles are gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles are gone   Needles are gone EmptyWed 09 Mar 2011, 8:12 pm

jeannomiller wrote:
Had the same issue ages ago - and I forgot the solution Crying or Very sad .

But I assume that this issue has something to do with the stex file to which the cas-file
refers to.

Which stex-file do you use?

There is a hudneed.dds included for example in the

GTL_STEX.gtr (P&G)
GTL_STEX.GTL (original GTL)
STEX_GTL.gtr (GTL-GTR2 mod by SCCA1981)

but not in the STEX.gtr from original GTR2 (I think there are no needles needed due
to digital huds)

Maybe it's worth a try.

Hi jeannomiller, thank you for your help Very Happy.

At this point I don't need more than the original ones, I think. I've installed the following cars:

AC Shelby Cobras by Merkava.

Aston Martin DB4 GT by NFSBolide

Austin Healey 100 by sunalp2

Austin Healey 3000 (I empty the original folders and install the cars one by one, just the skins I need for my championships, from a clean install backup I always keep and my skins folder)

Ferrari 250 SWB by NFSBolide

Jaguar E-type Coupe + LW

Jaguar E-type Roadster by sunalp2

Lotus Elite

Mercedes 300 SL

Triumph Spitfire by AHTOAH

Triumph TR4 by NFSBolide

TVR Grantura by James 1

Volvo P1800 by NFSBolide

The nfsbolide car versions are from altbierbudde and the others are the most actual versions of them.

Also, I'm in the habit of letting installed all the stex and talent files which come within the mods, as every cas file points to a different stex/talent file I don't think that they should interfere among them, but I don't really know that for sure. Can they?

Thank you again Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

Needles are gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles are gone   Needles are gone EmptyThu 10 Mar 2011, 10:03 am

After thorough research and testing i've adressed the issue to the Triumph Spitfire. If I erase it all the needles are back.

Does anybody know of other mods that can cause this issue?

Does anybody know if a single skin can cause this?
Back to top Go down
brulaap
Premium Member
Premium Member
brulaap

Needles are gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles are gone   Needles are gone EmptyThu 10 Mar 2011, 10:41 am

like i posted earlier: with me it is the Wartburg-mod that causes the problem.

Cheers,
Brulaap
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Needles are gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles are gone   Needles are gone EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 2:48 pm

Ironically now I have the same issue with a Cobra from another mod/carpack and I am also unable to find any solution for that. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

Needles are gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles are gone   Needles are gone EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 3:44 pm

I'm sorry to read that, jeannomiller. My solution was to wipe out the entire mod, but it was a bad solution. Seeing it from the good angle, as I was reinstalling I realized that those cobras needed biks. Other cars would follow that path Wink.
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2135

Needles are gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles are gone   Needles are gone EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 5:29 pm

Yeah, I finally removed the Spitfire yesterday, it removes the tach needle from the 300SL and another car, forgot which one........

Also, there was a really nice add-on car that removes the tach from the CSL, it's been so long, I forgot that one too....... I thought I started a little database of which add-on cars did what to certain cars already in the game, I'll see if I can find it...............

Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Needles are gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles are gone   Needles are gone EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 7:34 pm

I'm quite sure that our issue is caused within the cas-file:

I intended to install one only (modified) car

(http://www.nogripracing.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=119083)

from this mod/carset:

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=9130

and for what reason ever I decided to rename the cas-file to

AC_Cobra_s.cas or whatever - needles were gone.

After a long search I gave up, deleted the car and installed the complete carset (btw - a nice one!). After that I installed the modified car - needles were there.
Then I renamed the cas-file once again for evaluation - needles were gone.

So - it seems that only the renaming of the cas-file causes our problem but what
could be the reason for that?

Any ideas?

Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

Needles are gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles are gone   Needles are gone EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 9:47 pm

joeschmoe - That database worths an empire!

jeannomiller - I believed that renaming a cas file would affect only to the cars that point to it. Or not, I don't know anything anymore...

What if we ask it to Antoah? He modded the spitfire and he must be the one who knows it best. Maybe he can find a solution for both issues.

BTW, thank you for pointing us to the goodwood mod, it's amazing Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Needles are gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles are gone   Needles are gone Empty

Back to top Go down

Needles are gone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution Modding :: Evolution Modding General :: Support-
Jump to: