Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Evolution Modding header picture Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Evolution Modding header picture Vote_lcapEvolution Modding header picture Voting_barEvolution Modding header picture Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Evolution Modding header picture Vote_lcapEvolution Modding header picture Voting_barEvolution Modding header picture Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Evolution Modding header picture

Go down 
+2
Uncomman
BillBro
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zexer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 207

Evolution Modding header picture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution Modding header picture   Evolution Modding header picture EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019, 12:07 pm

That looks stupid.
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Uncomman

Anzahl der Beiträge : 271

PostSubject: Re: Evolution Modding header picture   Evolution Modding header picture EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019, 12:09 pm

Wow. Subtlety is not your forte.

Maybe you've missed the point...
Back to top Go down
BillBro

Anzahl der Beiträge : 28

PostSubject: Re: Evolution Modding header picture   Evolution Modding header picture EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019, 12:51 pm

I agree. I think constructive criticism is a good thing, but there's not much to work with from that comment. Just insulting hate speech.

Would've been better not to comment at all.

That said, it should be up to the admins here to determine if your offering is acceptable to them.

Just my opinion...
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2358

PostSubject: Re: Evolution Modding header picture   Evolution Modding header picture EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019, 1:24 pm

Deleted post!

Last edited by ney.dias on Mon 18 Feb 2019, 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deleted post)
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: Evolution Modding header picture   Evolution Modding header picture EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019, 1:53 pm

ney.dias wrote:
Uncomman wrote:
I got tired of seeing the 'Under Construction' image in the header, so I made this, which maybe will do until someone makes something better:

Very sad and unpolite comment! Unnecessary to put this here.
We all have been in an great effort to preserve this site alive in the past years, since a long time.
You just arrived here only "yesterday" ( 2018-08-28), and we are here, most of us, since 2010, fighting to preserve this amazing community alive and well, against all the forces and difficulties moments.
So, Mr. Uncomman, try to be gratefull to be here, arriving here very late, but we stay with our opens arms to receive you, with care, kindness and friendship.
So, dear fellow, be grateful, and don't criticize without knowing our great story of survival.

How my post and comment can be interpreted as 'unpolite' or 'ungratefull' (sic) is beyond me. I am merely, in taking on the task, responding to a comment I saw when Evolution Modding was first revived: it was stated then (https://www.evolution-modding.net/t2271-news-news-news) that 'anyone' could create a header picture. Since nobody was doing so, I took a shot at it (I design websites for a living)

So my intention was to help and enhance, not to criticise, and as a teacher of critical thinking and communication, I find your interpretation both novel and irrational. Perhaps the 3 hours of my time I spent in doing this would be better spent elsewhere...

Last edited by Uncomman on Mon 18 Feb 2019, 2:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: Evolution Modding header picture   Evolution Modding header picture EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019, 1:56 pm

BillBro wrote:
I agree. I think constructive criticism is a good thing, but there's not much to work with from that comment. Just insulting hate speech.

Would've been better not to comment at all.

That said, it should be up to the admins here to determine if your offering is acceptable to them.

Just my opinion...

Thanks BillBro. I found his comment both amusing (it is rather adolescent) and irritating (if you have a problem with something, at least communicate what it is you have a problem with in a manner that provides a pragmatic solution).

Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3332

PostSubject: Re: Evolution Modding header picture   Evolution Modding header picture EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019, 2:33 pm

There are lots of standard skins/themes available in the administration panel at forumotion but no skin matches the modifications Evo created years ago 100%.
Therefore I prefer to leave it asit is until Evo makes a new one - as I'm not able to do it..

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
Zexer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 207

PostSubject: Re: Evolution Modding header picture   Evolution Modding header picture EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019, 2:58 pm

If something is stupid, no amount of sugar will make it sweeter. Taking a random screenshot from the game and adding a stock photo from Google hardly classifies as "I made something".
Evolution Modding header picture 5dygyriopfk3l
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2358

PostSubject: Re: Evolution Modding header picture   Evolution Modding header picture EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019, 3:20 pm

Uncomman wrote:

So my intention was to help and enhance, not to criticise, and as a teacher of critical thinking and communication, I find your interpretation both novel and irrational. Perhaps the 3 hours of my time I spent in doing this would be better spent elsewhere...

@ Uncomman: The interpretation of a text is always dangerous, because it depends a lot on the moment and the way in which the reader reads it. It seems to me now quite clear that your intention was to contribute and not to criticize, although the text gives a double interpretation by the form in which it is written.
Having thus understood your intention, I apologize for the way I understood the text, and reacted to that heavier and almost angry measure.
We all must always be careful when writing something, so that it is clear and does not give the possibility of being misinterpreted.
I will be deleting right now my comment above, since, in my interpretation, it has no more reason to be.
Peace stroke GOOD Thinking denkend wheelchair
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Evolution Modding header picture   Evolution Modding header picture EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019, 7:26 pm

Hi Uncommon,

I like your design, but, less is more, so they say these days, so I think the bottom half of the picture sums the site up very neatley, no need for the top half as it distracts from your meaning a little bit. cheers

PS... Please forgive my good friend Ney for his comments in the first instance, he is older and wiser than me, but this time just older :w00t: lol!
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3332

PostSubject: Re: Evolution Modding header picture   Evolution Modding header picture EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019, 7:38 pm

Uncomman asked for deletion of first post.

I locked this thread as there is no need for discussion anymore.

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evolution Modding header picture   Evolution Modding header picture Empty

Back to top Go down

Evolution Modding header picture
Page 1 of 1