Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? Vote_lcapWhy would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? Voting_barWhy would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? Vote_lcapWhy would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? Voting_barWhy would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 1 Registered, 1 Hidden and 3 Guests

brulaap

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?

Go down 
+2
joeschmoe
bsmooth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bsmooth

Anzahl der Beiträge : 47

Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? Empty
PostSubject: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptySat 13 Aug 2022, 9:43 pm

I have some spitfires, I think swiss team, and they show nice and wite in the showroom, yet when I do a replay, they show grey colored. Is there a change I can make in the files to fix that ?
Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

Anzahl der Beiträge : 92

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptySun 14 Aug 2022, 12:33 am

bsmooth wrote:
I have some spitfires, I think swiss team, and they show nice and wite in the showroom, yet when I do a replay, they show grey colored. Is there a change I can make in the files to fix that ?

For some reason they are not showing the body1.dds

Check that the cars number in the .car file is the same as the body1.dds and vice versa
Back to top Go down
bsmooth

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptySun 14 Aug 2022, 7:11 pm

What would determine car color when this is only thing in file?
Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? 52285491878_85e1068672_h
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2095

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptySun 14 Aug 2022, 9:10 pm

contents of the .gtr file......
Back to top Go down
bsmooth

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022, 1:39 am

Do I use GEditor or notepad to show ? Notepad just seems to show a lot of strange artifacts, so heres GEditor:

Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? 52286458369_2344023800_h
Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022, 9:18 am

In the cars folder there should be a file: GP44s_spitfire.car

Open that with NOTEPAD and check that the cars number is the sane as the title of the .car file

Also check one of the cars that is showing it's skin to get an idea of how it works.

I have the mod in GT Legends and the car is showing it's skin.

This is what you have to check at the bottom of the .car file

Number=GP44S
Team="Team Triumph"
PitGroup="Triumph"
Driver="Tony Adamovicz"
Description="Triumph Spitfire"
Engine="Triumph 1147cc"
Manufacturer="Spitfire"
classes="SIM_FULL, SIM_GTC, SIM_gTC65, SIM_ELI"
ComparativeTime=114
Value=30000
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022, 4:36 pm

The .gtr file looks ok, hopefully sunalp2 called this one and that number in the car file needs changing. Laughing, Tony Adamovicz, I didn't think he ever drove anything with less than 500hp......
Back to top Go down
bsmooth

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022, 5:19 pm

This is what I have there:

Number=GP44S
Team="Team Triumph"
PitGroup="Triumph"
Driver="Tony Adamovicz"
Description="Triumph Spitfire"
Engine="Triumph 1147cc"
Manufacturer="Spitfire"
Classes="SCCA_FPROD"
seems to be missing comparative Time and Value, not sure what that is
Seems weird though all the colored cars show up fine, just the white ones don't show white. Almost like the car color is showing on the wrong side or something, maybe it can't show thru the car profile ?
Back to top Go down
freeracer

freeracer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 692

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022, 8:28 pm

[quote="bsmooth"]I have some spitfires, I think swiss team, and they show nice and wite in the showroom, yet when I do a replay, they show grey colored. Is there a change I can make in the files to fix that ?[/quote]

I can't see any issue from the screenshot of the the .gtr file loaded in geditor..

But you described 2 situations, in the showroom is nice ok perfect (that means no names or number match issues), and in the track (or in replay) .. show a screenshot in good quality of each one of these conditions to we see if that's right or whats means this "grey color"... otherwise it will be difficult to help you..

Last edited by freeracer on Mon 15 Aug 2022, 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022, 9:09 pm

Sounds like it came from GTL. Do your files have the proper suffix, .gtr and not .gtl....?
Back to top Go down
bsmooth

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022, 2:19 am

This is what it does look like. Its supposed to be white.

Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? 52289276170_76ab84a89a_c
Back to top Go down
bsmooth

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022, 3:45 am

I also tried Fatguts newer version of this and it was still grey. But I remember somewhere reading about Player detail and Other vehicle detail had to be the same. I checked and mine were both the same at high. So just for the heck of it I checked and there was another level above called full. So I changed both level to Full and lo and behold there were the white cars FINALLY!
But whats the difference, the colored cars looked fine, only a single color not showing up weird.
My apologies, I just didn't realize a simple graphics change could make that much of a difference, especially on just a white car.
I wonder what the graphics change is between High and Full ?
Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022, 8:51 am

bsmooth wrote:
This is what it does look like. Its supposed to be white.

Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? 52289276170_76ab84a89a_c

Yes, that's what it looks like.

Most likely due to how the skin is done.

I'll have a  look later.

Last edited by sunalp2 on Tue 16 Aug 2022, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022, 10:29 am

Ok, I think I've found the problem. There is a wrong material entry in the chassis.gmt's

Sorry I misinterpreted your first post. Now that I've seen the picture, I knew where to look for it.

I've only checked it in GTL, and I've only done Chassis 6, so let me know if it's fixed.

Just extract these files into the GP44S folder

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wxip81ny8mvloqg/Spitfire_GP44S_graphic_fix.rar/file

Last edited by sunalp2 on Wed 17 Aug 2022, 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

silent_gxg likes this post

Back to top Go down
bsmooth

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022, 3:53 pm

I think it was just my video settings in GTR2. I now have them on full and I can see the cars are white. But what I don't understand is why does the setting in video make a difference between High and Full ?
Back to top Go down
kk08

Anzahl der Beiträge : 161

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022, 4:06 pm

This happens because many modders are lazy and don't take their time to implement any setting different from full. Others like me don't waste their time testing every setting.

Usually you can be sure that full graphics are working. (I still have to know someone testing his/her mods on low settings)
Back to top Go down
bsmooth

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022, 4:26 pm

I feel like a dope now I didn't even think of trying full. The cars all look so much better now too, and it wasn't really a big hit on the FPS as I thought it might be.
Back to top Go down
freeracer

freeracer

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022, 4:55 pm

[quote="kk08"]This happens because many modders are lazy and don't take their time to implement any setting different from full. Others like me don't waste their time testing every setting.

Usually you can be sure that full graphics are working. (I still have to know someone testing his/her mods on low settings)[/quote]

Fully agree. These modders deserves being banned forever, they are very lazy and don't lend enough free time to make the best great mods that money can buy and "have a lot of fun" bringing free contents to "the commuty" and "friends"! I for example, am too lazy right now to publish any new mod or help someone.

NEChris likes this post

Back to top Go down
bsmooth

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022, 7:16 pm

Hopefully I don't blame anyone for being lazy, theres a lot of great content here. Without the great modders we would just have plain vanilla sims. I really don't want all the eyecandy, more interested in something that works well and is good to race against. Oh yea, it has to sound good too. After getting spoiled with so many great sounds in GPL, GTR2 is almost as good. I only say almost, as some sounds aren't always from the same brand of car.
Nice thing is sounds are fairly easy to change. Not however easy to get original sounds though.
For example the Simca Bertone coupe 1200S. I actually used to own one when I was a teen. The owner told me it was similar to one that actually races at Lemans. Well I wasn't the smartest teen around was I?
But through a lot of work and thanks to the Rootes group I think it was of Chrysler Europe I got a few parts and got the car running again. I have to say it was one of the weirdest cars I ever worked on. The Cooling system never quite worked right, always overheating, or leaking somewhere.
Great gearbox though and the first clutch I ever replaced. But it sure wasn't a Lemans winner thats for sure.
But I finally sold it, but it was my first car, and we all have a soft spot for those. So it was a great surprise when I found one for GTR2, and it looks just like mine except for bumpers, and sounds almost like it.
That wouldn't have happened without modders, so thanks to each and every one of them, and for the new ones too.
I sure do appreciate them.
Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022, 9:38 am

bsmooth wrote:
I think it was just my video settings in GTR2. I now have them on full and I can see the cars are white. But what I don't understand is why does the setting in video make a difference between High and Full ?

Glad you sorted it out.

My install was set to High yesterday when I looked at it.

I just checked my fix. It works on all video settings: Low to full.

Where did you get the GTR2 version?

Last edited by sunalp2 on Thu 18 Aug 2022, 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1116

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022, 9:11 pm

bsmooth this may interest you:

https://trackaholics.forumotion.com/t7322-scca-mod-1960-s-early-1970-s-12-03-22?highlight=scca+mod

Just join the Forum.
Back to top Go down
bsmooth

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyThu 18 Aug 2022, 2:15 pm

I just noticed that note someone mentioned here in that thread over at Trackaholics
"There is a folder called "zTIRES 4 TEAMS FOLDER" containing all the individual tires for each mod. Copy all
the tyr file's to your teams folder to avoid air gaps under your cars wheels."
Just throw them somehere in the Team Folder ?
Should have read this sooner, would have saved everyone a lot of posting and me asking stupid questions.
But I am learning how it all works a bit at a time.
Back to top Go down
freeracer

freeracer

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? EmptyThu 18 Aug 2022, 4:57 pm

[quote="bsmooth"]I just noticed that note someone mentioned here in that thread over at Trackaholics
"There is a folder called  "zTIRES 4 TEAMS FOLDER"  containing all the individual tires for each mod. Copy all
the tyr file's to your teams folder to avoid air gaps under your cars wheels."
Just throw them somehere in the Team Folder ?
Should have read this sooner, would have saved everyone a lot of posting and me asking stupid questions.
But I am learning how it all works a bit at a time.[/quote]

A lot modders don't know, or too lazy to do it right, but..
The right thing to do is put the files in the car main folder and rename it to a exclusive name of course changng the nane in the respective .hdc..why this is needed? Because in a grid, when 2 files with same name, gtr2 will load the first file discovered , so the wrong config will set to rest of the cars.

another tip,

prefer the original mods rather than reuploaded and modified at "good taste" as jackymobile physics ones, if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?   Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why would a car show white in showroom, yet grey on the track?
Page 1 of 1