Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 Vote_lcapAIW reworking Problem - Page 3 Voting_barAIW reworking Problem - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 Vote_lcapAIW reworking Problem - Page 3 Voting_barAIW reworking Problem - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

pedrotuning

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

AIW reworking Problem

Go down 
+16
giaserg
150jims
fisheracing
GeeDee
charger69
syhlif32
BillBro
bonnier
philrob
GT350CS
Zee
WHIPCRACKER
hmmguy
0fflabeluse
NEChris
mikeae1
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bonnier

bonnier

Anzahl der Beiträge : 476

AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Jan 2019, 12:38 pm

Generalizing, I would say the player is a bit quicker during the first half of the course, while the AI is quicker from Stavelot to the finish.

Also really looking forward to the GTR2 version and its rain features as two of the three major races at Spa in 1967 were affected by rain.

AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 1000km10
1000 km Spa-Francorchamps 1967

AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 67045-10
ETCC 24 Hours Spa-Francorchamps 1967
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2092

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Jan 2019, 4:17 pm

Nothing relaxes like a rainy drive at old Spa...........
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Jan 2019, 5:27 pm

joeschmoe wrote:

For me... nothing really relaxes like a good day in a spa on a rainy day jumping0045 top
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Jan 2019, 7:12 pm

joeschmoe wrote:

Yeah, I would say the track even offers plenty of drama in the dry if you want to do authentic lap times in a car with realistic physics. I just set a 3:40.600 lap in the #9 Parkes/Scarfiotti 330 P4 (modified physics) while the real car did a 3:39.100 in qualy for the 1967 race.

AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 67009-10
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Jan 2019, 2:37 pm

Fiddling a bit more with different AI settings (only relevant for my game so no point in posting them here), I now think that they are pretty consistent over a lap with the exception of the right-left at 0:25 into the video below, where it would be ideal if they could have a straighter line through that section. Also the AI is still a bit slow just before turning into La Source at the end of the lap.

I've also found some time in my own driving through a couple of the fast corners in the second half of the lap which evens out things further.

Here's a test I did yesterday racing against only one AI car to avoid that the AI perform slower than their potential because of AI cars interfering with each other.

Back to top Go down
0fflabeluse

Anzahl der Beiträge : 174

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Jan 2019, 6:25 pm

bonnier wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:

Yeah, I would say the track even offers plenty of drama in the dry if you want to do authentic lap times in a car with realistic physics. I just set a 3:40.600 lap in the #9 Parkes/Scarfiotti 330 P4 (modified physics) while the real car did a 3:39.100 in qualy for the 1967 race.

AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 67009-10

And if it is still the old GPL-converted track, that one has some flaws in its layout which 'help' the driver a little. On the real thing, some corners are tighter, the whole track is less smooth in both road surface and elevation, and the whole track is narrower. Notably Masta, where you can blast through flat out with about anything, and the drop at Malmedy seems more dramatic than ingame...

...if someone put a to sticky rubber on the car, as its the case in some mods, you never lift between Les Combes to La Source and don't even have to clench your bum cheeks... scratch
Back to top Go down
NEChris

NEChris

Anzahl der Beiträge : 213
Ort : Between Zandvoort and Assen, not too far from Zolder, Spa, Hockenheim and Nürburg

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Jan 2019, 10:08 pm

0fflabeluse wrote:
And if it is still the old GPL-converted track, that one has some flaws in its layout which 'help' the driver a little. On the real thing, some corners are tighter, the whole track is less smooth in both road surface and elevation, and the whole track is narrower. Notably Masta, where you can blast through flat out with about anything, and the drop at Malmedy seems more dramatic than ingame...

...if someone put a to sticky rubber on the car, as its the case in some mods, you never lift between Les Combes to La Source and don't even have to clench your bum cheeks... scratch
First post: "...but i found spa66 convert from rF2 to GTR2-P&G and the track is really amazing."
Back to top Go down
0fflabeluse

Anzahl der Beiträge : 174

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptyMon 14 Jan 2019, 4:01 pm

Agreed, should have watched the vid first and then post...

...was to late for me apparently...

...the track certainly has a different flavour... GOOD

Back to top Go down
BillBro

Anzahl der Beiträge : 28

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptyMon 14 Jan 2019, 5:18 pm

Update: Making progress with the slow-down at Eau Rouge. Got them running in and through the corners without that terrible slow down, but they still need to be a little faster. Reworking the path through there, too, to straighten the route through the corners a bit.

Also working to speed up the cars at the La Source entry. They were braking way too early there.

Once the .AIW file runs well, I'll set up an alternate grid with a LeMans-style start.

I've also got start and pit flaggers ready. Got rain reflections ready for the GTR2 version.

I'll also try to get the cars to merge better as they leave the pit and garage areas.

Best wishes,

BillBro
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 790

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptyMon 14 Jan 2019, 6:19 pm

BillBro wrote:
Update: Making progress with the slow-down at Eau Rouge. Got them running in and through the corners without that terrible slow down, but they still need to be a little faster. Reworking the path through there, too, to straighten the route through the corners a bit.

Also working to speed up the cars at the La Source entry. They were braking way too early there.

Once the .AIW file runs well, I'll set up an alternate grid with a LeMans-style start.

I've also got start and pit flaggers ready. Got rain reflections ready for the GTR2 version.

I'll also try to get the cars to merge better as they leave the pit and garage areas.

Best wishes,

BillBro

bounce thumbup Thanks
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptyMon 14 Jan 2019, 10:25 pm

Sounds great!
Back to top Go down
BillBro

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptySun 20 Jan 2019, 1:05 pm

Here's the latest:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8ymkoy116658mza/Spa66_Update_01-20-19.7z/file

The cars are moving through the Eau Rouge area much better. They should still be a little faster, and I'm still working on that. They still slow down on the first lap into and through Eau Rouge, but this is due to the cars being all bunched up at the start. Once any car near the front has to slow down due to traction issues, or bumping another car, the chain reaction makes everyone else behind them slow down, too. This is not happening as badly as it used to, and is more easily dealt with. Much more like a real start would be.

They're still braking a few meters too early into La Source, but are negotiating the corner well and at a good speed.

At the Burnenville corner, I've gotten them holding their speed better, and they aren't spinning out as much. I'm sure a car setup adjustment would solve that issue completely. There are a couple of other spots to address in this way, too, and I'm working on them.

There is a new .AIW and a new .GDB file. The .GDB file grip levels have been adjusted slightly to give the cars a bit more grip, while reducing the human driver grip.

Also included are start and pit flagmen objects and textures, along with instructions for using them. I didn't want to include a new .TRK file, in case PhilRob makes any changes due to his texture updates. The flagmen can easily be added to any .TRK file.

Let me know if you can notice the improvements, and also if you notice anything else that needs to be addressed.

Best wishes,

BillBro
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

Anzahl der Beiträge : 487

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptySun 20 Jan 2019, 1:50 pm

Bill,
thanks for your great update, dont worry about my updates, on hold at the moment personal problems.
But be back to it soon.
Back to top Go down
WHIPCRACKER

WHIPCRACKER

Anzahl der Beiträge : 279

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptySun 20 Jan 2019, 3:05 pm

GTR2 version ---would appreciate it too when the time is right.
Back to top Go down
BillBro

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptySun 20 Jan 2019, 3:41 pm

Whipcracker,

GTR2 version is in the works. Got rain reflections, .GDB entries and pace car settings tested and all ready to go.

Want to wait to see what PhilRob has in store for the track first, so let's get the GTL version squared away and in its final state.

I know PhilRob has stated he's had to place it on the back burner for a little while, but I feel his contributions will be worth the wait. He indicated he would be back on it soon.

I don't want to have to have multiple versions of the track to be updated every time work advances. Extra work for me or anyone else working on it, and a pain in the neck to everyone who wants to download it again and again. As it stands, it's not too bad to update a single version.

Best wishes,

BillBro
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019, 5:01 am

@ PhilRob.

Hope things are working out for you my friend, all the best wishes.

@ Billbro.

Good idea to wait, all worth it in the end m8.
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019, 8:48 am

Thanks GeeDee/BillBro
my Mother passed away and its been hard work sorting everything out.
Back to top Go down
BillBro

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019, 10:13 am

Sorry to hear of your loss, Phil.

Take your time in dealing with it all. Been there, done that. Not fun.

Best wishes,

Bill
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 902

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019, 10:43 am

Just look after yourself and your family right now Phil, everything else can wait.
Back to top Go down
GT350CS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 428

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019, 2:07 pm

Phil, so sorry for the passing of your mother. It is never an easy thing to go through. Prayers to you and your family.
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019, 3:34 pm

Thanks guys, much appreciated
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019, 7:58 pm

Very sorry to hear of your Mothers passing Phil m8.

A difficult time as you have to try and be strong for others.

Wishing you and your family much better days for the future.

May she R.I.P.

Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019, 4:44 pm

BillBro wrote:

Let me know if you can notice the improvements, and also if you notice anything else that needs to be addressed.

Clear improvement in all the areas you mentioned above. Also a big improvement when the AI is joining the racing line after a pitstop.
Back to top Go down
BillBro

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019, 4:58 pm

Thanks very much for the feedback, Bonnier.

It let's me know I'm on the right track (no pun intended) with the updates.

I didn't even mention the pit out merge, so it's good to hear the change was noticed.

Should have another update in a few days.

Best wishes,

BillBro
Back to top Go down
syhlif32

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 EmptySun 19 Jan 2020, 2:29 pm

Thanks just found this track!
Know the tread if one year old but it's newer too late to say thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

AIW reworking Problem
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next