Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€AIW reworking Problem Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
AIW reworking Problem Vote_lcapAIW reworking Problem Voting_barAIW reworking Problem Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
AIW reworking Problem Vote_lcapAIW reworking Problem Voting_barAIW reworking Problem Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

Vanaja

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

AIW reworking Problem

Go down 
+16
giaserg
150jims
fisheracing
GeeDee
charger69
syhlif32
BillBro
bonnier
philrob
GT350CS
Zee
WHIPCRACKER
hmmguy
0fflabeluse
NEChris
mikeae1
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeae1

mikeae1

Anzahl der Beiträge : 32

AIW reworking Problem Empty
PostSubject: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptySun 30 Dec 2018, 12:47 pm

Till for any days it was possible every Track-aiw and, or cam-Files from GTR2 and rF1 to open with AIWCAMEdit.4.05.
Very helpful, but i found spa66 convert from rF2 to GTR2-P&G and the track is really amazing.
But the AIW and Cam Datas are not working well.
The AIW drives only on 1 - Waypoint-Line, it is easy and absolut unreal to have a competition and more.
Have anybody opened this File and save new, will be nice to get this for futher updates,
with best greeetings and thanks mike
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptySun 30 Dec 2018, 11:30 pm

These files are easily opened and saved with Windows WorPad or Notepad or any word editor. They are only txt files. Very Happy thumbup
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

Anzahl der Beiträge : 485

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyMon 31 Dec 2018, 9:09 am

Mikeae1,
where did you find the Spa66 convert from rF2 to GTR2-P&G ?
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

Anzahl der Beiträge : 476

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyMon 31 Dec 2018, 10:46 am

It's a very nice conversion despite the issues with the AI racing line and track cams. Hopefully someone will have a go at fixing it as the track is definitely worth it.

I got it from Altbierbude:

http://www.altbierbude.de/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,0/func,fileinfo/id,2152/lang,en/
Back to top Go down
mikeae1

mikeae1

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyTue 01 Jan 2019, 4:45 pm

O. K.
this ISI-Masterpiece are on a ... bierbuden.de site for P&G,

and yes GEEDEE - i edit a lot of things with notepad, than AIWCAMEDIT 4.05, but the spa66 AIW dont like this :-).
And than i must edit every waypoint without graphics and position-orientation - window,
this will be to hard, i need years of decades for this :-),
hope you understand.
And the AI-Line is always 0 to waypoint, and other - a lot of bugs.
The track spa 66 have a fantastic look in my default P&G.
I will add only shadow-caster-models and the grandstand-crowds are looking in the wrong directions etc.

A short opened and save aiw will be very very helpful.
I am at the moment very limited with win xp 32-bit.
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyTue 01 Jan 2019, 5:48 pm

if the track was in RF1 you could use the AIW editor as it works in XP.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyTue 01 Jan 2019, 11:35 pm

mikeae1 wrote:
O. K.
this ISI-Masterpiece are on a ... bierbuden.de site for P&G,

and yes GEEDEE - i edit a lot of things with notepad, than AIWCAMEDIT 4.05, but the spa66 AIW dont like this :-).
And than i must edit every waypoint without graphics and position-orientation - window,
this will be to hard, i need years of decades for this :-),
hope you understand.
And the AI-Line is always 0 to waypoint, and other - a lot of bugs.
The track spa 66 have a fantastic look in my default P&G.
I will add only shadow-caster-models and the grandstand-crowds are looking in the wrong directions etc.

A short opened and save aiw will be very very helpful.
I am at the moment very limited with win xp 32-bit.

Ohhh, sorry Mike... I thought you just meant text editing, the sort of thing you want to do is out of my meagre knowledge range, but PhilRob's guidance may help you as he knows a lot about tracks.

Punk thumbup2
Back to top Go down
BillBro

Anzahl der Beiträge : 28

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:11 pm

The problem is that RF2 uses multiple fast lines, so they can be customized to be used by a variety of different vehicles. So, one is used for Formula-type cars, another for GT, and another for Touring cars, for example.

These .AIW files will have 3 different fast paths, and the editors will not allow you to change the fast path in the editor. To use that .AIW file, you would have to either hand edit the file to use one of the possible paths, or in the in-game rfactor1 editor, you would have to drive a new fast path. Once you do that, it will only save the path you just made, and the other editor will allow you to change the path if needed.

A lot of work to hand edit, especially a long track like Spa. Better to use the .AIW from the rfactor1, GTL or GTR2 versions. If it was converted from any of them, the waypoints should line up. Otherwise, you're in for a bit of work.

Hope that helps in answering, if not in resolving, your issue.

Not sure about the .CAM file. What problems are you experiencing with that?

You should be able to edit the .CAM file, even if you can't edit the .AIW. I should still load the .AIW, and then you can access the cams by pressing the Camera Name button. This is for the 4.05 editor you said you are using, the out-of-game editor.

Best wishes,

BillBro
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:51 pm

I had a quick look at the aiw and it looks like a standard GTR2/GTL/rF1 aiw with only one racing line. The problem is that the racing line very closely follows the centered waypoints and therefore making the AI less competitive driving in the middle of the track all the time as well as having major difficulties lapping slower cars.

The problem with the track cams are that they are way too many (142) and therefore changing to a new one every other second.
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyWed 02 Jan 2019, 4:37 pm

i have it working in RF1 at the moment, still fixing a couple of problems.I will try to get the AIW editor working in Windows 10, although i have had little look in the past. ( being nosey really to see how RF2 tracks look in RF1).
Back to top Go down
BillBro

Anzahl der Beiträge : 28

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyWed 02 Jan 2019, 4:57 pm

Okay. Downloaded the track to take a look.

The cams are in groups. You should be able to determine how they're grouped. You'll have to edit the .CAM file to remove some of the cams.This can be edited with a simple text editor, or one of the AIW-Cam editors. Rfactor supports multiple groups of cameras, GTL and GTR2 do not.

I usually save the original, and split the groups into individual .CAM files, then test to see which ones work best, and if I need to add any additional cams. The groups should be kind of like some other aspects of the game, where you may have group 1 and group 2, with some cams that are used by both sets identified as group 3 (1 & 2 added together) and so forth. They may not be, though. It depends largely on who made the file originally.

Looking at the .AIW, I see that it is, in fact, a single fast path file. The reason it won't load into the editor you're using is because it's been converted to a GTL/GTR2 style of .AIW, which has a different layout.

If PhilRob has it working in the game, then the in-game editor may work. If the editor will not work even though the game loads the track, this may be why. At that point, a new .AIW file may have to be created.

I do not know of a converter to change from GTL/GTR2 format to rfactor, only the other way around.

Best wishes,

BillBro
Back to top Go down
mikeae1

mikeae1

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyWed 02 Jan 2019, 5:31 pm

If anybody has a reworked aiw, rf1 or gtr2 - gtl, will be nice to post it.
Than i test, if i can open the file with AIWCAMEDIT 4.05 and than optimising racingline, pitin pitout and good camview.
Best wishes,
Mike
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyWed 02 Jan 2019, 5:48 pm

I'm on GTR2 and don't have any rFactor but the AIW file does load fine in RF_AIW_CAM_EDIT_4.22 under Windows 10 on my PC.
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyWed 02 Jan 2019, 8:16 pm

The rF2 track has several authentic buildings but for some reason the Eau Rouge Hotel at pit exit was left out which made me convert the building from the Spa67 GPL track that came out a few years ago.

AIW reworking Problem Eau-ro10

AIW reworking Problem Eau-ro11

The "scene" isn't finished but here is at least the hotel building in the meantime for anyone interested.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5zp2lnkg9naxmwf/eau-rouge-hotel.zip

Installation:

Drop the 15 files in your Spa track folder. Then add the following lines at the end of the track's .trk file:

Instance=eauhotel
{
 VisGroups=(32)
 MeshFile=eauhotel.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
}
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2074

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyWed 02 Jan 2019, 9:01 pm

Keep timing out on the dl.........
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyWed 02 Jan 2019, 9:06 pm

i had same problem of timing out but retrying, it seemed to work.

Thank you Bonnier the more of us who work on this great track the better.I am going to change the trackside logos to the period correct versions, next.
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyWed 02 Jan 2019, 9:07 pm

Thanks, will keep on it.....
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyThu 03 Jan 2019, 10:11 am

philrob wrote:
I am going to change the trackside logos to the period correct versions, next.

Cool, the obvious source would be to use the billboards and banners from the GPL Spa67 track unless you want to make them from scratch.

Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyThu 03 Jan 2019, 10:25 am

i will use the much updated logos i made for the RF1 version i updated many years ago.
I had forgotten how great a job the GPL guys made of that track, great vid.
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1099

PostSubject: Spa 66   AIW reworking Problem EmptyThu 03 Jan 2019, 5:32 pm

This is a wonderfull track fast and detailed and in my view a must have, anything that makes it better is a bonus thumbup thumbup
Back to top Go down
mikeae1

mikeae1

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyThu 03 Jan 2019, 7:31 pm

Yes the "newer" version in GPL is fantastic for this i think DX7 ? Software - named Grand Prix Legends - original here on my seat !! - With older F1 books :-).

I realize also the missing Eau-Rouge Building, possible a fps-problem , i am working now since 3 Weeks with my old win xp 32-bit Machine and have fps-problems. i remember 2005 :-).

Thanks bonnier for the missing Building !
I find only max. Version ...Edit.4.05, possible 4.22 ? - send please pn if you want - thanks

With best greetings mike

Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyThu 03 Jan 2019, 8:33 pm

mikeae1 wrote:

I find only max. Version ...Edit.4.05, possible 4.22 ?

Here you go, Mike: www.mediafire.com/?5bdkeud5q5zim
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyThu 03 Jan 2019, 11:22 pm

No problem to download for me, took a second at the most... weeeeeeeeeeeeee! Punk
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyFri 04 Jan 2019, 1:11 am

I can't seem to dl at any of the bude sites, never has happened before.............
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1099

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem EmptyFri 04 Jan 2019, 9:26 am

Ok this morning for me 9.30AM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem Empty

Back to top Go down

AIW reworking Problem
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next