Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Modding Projects Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Modding Projects Vote_lcapModding Projects Voting_barModding Projects Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Modding Projects

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncomman

Uncomman

Anzahl der Beiträge : 271

Modding Projects Empty
PostSubject: Modding Projects   Modding Projects EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018, 5:52 am

I have a suggestion. As an educator, I have become convinced that the best way to get people to learn is to get them to do the thing that they want to learn.

So I suggest we set up a project (or more) with a specific outcome in mind, perhaps a mod of an existing car, for example, from GTR2 or rFactor, or a 'virgin' mod creating a car that is entirely new, or finishing a mod that was started (like Speedster's 250 Le Mans, very much needed!)

Those 'in the know' can advise and preside over the process and teach specific techniques and disciplines during the process, and keep any individual project to a single thread, but get those interested in modding to do the actual work?
Back to top Go down
WHIPCRACKER

WHIPCRACKER

Anzahl der Beiträge : 279

Modding Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Projects   Modding Projects EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018, 12:46 pm

Good idea----I know how to do physics but haven't a clue about modelling.
Back to top Go down
Muddie7272

Muddie7272

Anzahl der Beiträge : 197

Modding Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Projects   Modding Projects EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018, 7:59 pm

Hey Guys:

I know the things vice versa to WHIPCRACKER. I know Modelling. I dont know if i do it the conventional way, but i get what i want. Physics are a great Miracle to me. I dont know how we can do such a project. Best we do it as simple as possible.

The Fundamental Graphic elements are:

Body/Chassis
Windows
Wheels
Lights
Mirrors

and in Cockpit

Cockpit itself
Steering Wheel
Seats
Gear Knop and Pedals can be importet from an existing Car.
Windows and Mirrors are in and out elements.

I have my doubts. I think Modelling itself is a too complex process to do here. We should have an existing Model. Also should we reduce the project on these elements, its enough work to do.

Greetings
Muddie
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Uncomman

Modding Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Projects   Modding Projects EmptyWed 12 Sep 2018, 5:25 am

Okay, so could we focus on each of those elements and use an existing car to produce the mod? Like the LM250 that Speedster did not finish? Just btw, does anyone know if Speedster is okay?
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 790

Modding Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Projects   Modding Projects EmptyWed 12 Sep 2018, 7:13 pm

WHIPCRACKER wrote:
Good idea----I know how to do physics but haven't a clue about modelling.

me too lol The graphics stuff is still magic to me Shocked
Back to top Go down
MG421982

MG421982

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1425

Modding Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Projects   Modding Projects EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018, 7:58 am

Uncomman wrote:
or finishing a mod that was started (like Speedster's 250 Le Mans, very much needed!)

Guys, just an opinion to consider: I think speedster 250 LM is not worth the trouble anymore, the model is not that good. It was worthy as long as we did not have any other model available, but I made the conversion from CSR Classics, and that model is properly good. We just need to adapt the interiors from the Forza model... OR we need somebody to map the body of the Forza model, I can do the conversion.

Uncomman

Modding Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Projects   Modding Projects EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018, 2:36 pm

MG421982 wrote:
Guys, just an opinion to consider: I think speedster 250 LM is not worth the trouble anymore, the model is not that good. It was worthy as long as we did not have any other model available, but I made the conversion from CSR Classics, and that model is properly good. We just need to adapt the interiors from the Forza model... OR we need somebody to map the body of the Forza model, I can do the conversion.

I am willing to help although I am merely an apprentice at this stage, but I learn fast!

I would love to see the LM in GTL!
Back to top Go down
MG421982

MG421982

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1425

Modding Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Projects   Modding Projects EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018, 6:30 pm

Quote :
I am willing to help although I am merely an apprentice at this stage, but I learn fast!

I would love to see the LM in GTL!

OK, no problem if you can't help. Then, it's more like a request to those who can help, to not waste time with the worst project of the same model. Just my opinion.

Here's the 250 LM for GTL (the better model): https://www.evolution-modding.net/t1879-ferrari-250-lm

Uncomman

Modding Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Projects   Modding Projects EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018, 6:57 pm

Thanks for the link, yes it looks great, hopefully someone will do the necessary, may be too much for me to chew on for now.
Back to top Go down
Muddie7272

Muddie7272

Anzahl der Beiträge : 197

Modding Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Projects   Modding Projects EmptySat 15 Sep 2018, 2:10 pm

Hey Volks!

Maybe this one could be a good Car for our Project. I will analyse it tomorrow, but i think there are not too many parts on this car so far.

https://www.evolution-modding.net/t2269-cadillac-le-monster-1950-files?highlight=cadillac

Greetings
Muddie
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Uncomman

Modding Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Projects   Modding Projects EmptySat 15 Sep 2018, 10:13 pm

Very unusual, but if you think it's a good one to learn from, why not?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Modding Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Projects   Modding Projects Empty

Back to top Go down

Modding Projects
Page 1 of 1