Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€On this date, 49 years ago... Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
On this date, 49 years ago... Vote_lcapOn this date, 49 years ago... Voting_barOn this date, 49 years ago... Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
On this date, 49 years ago... Vote_lcapOn this date, 49 years ago... Voting_barOn this date, 49 years ago... Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

IanDury, OscarF

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

On this date, 49 years ago...

Go down 
+2
bbking
MOF
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MOF

MOF

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1975

On this date, 49 years ago... Empty
PostSubject: On this date, 49 years ago...   On this date, 49 years ago... EmptyTue 04 Dec 2012, 8:00 pm

...I entered the armed forces. Twelve days before, President John F. Kennedy had been assassinated, on the 22nd of November, 1963.

Good Lord, where does the time go...<sigh>
Back to top Go down
bbking

Anzahl der Beiträge : 26

PostSubject: Re: On this date, 49 years ago...   On this date, 49 years ago... EmptyTue 04 Dec 2012, 9:21 pm

but nowadays, you're always on top !

Smile
Back to top Go down
dragob

dragob

Anzahl der Beiträge : 105

PostSubject: Re: On this date, 49 years ago...   On this date, 49 years ago... EmptyTue 04 Dec 2012, 10:41 pm

Did you go to Vietnam?
Back to top Go down
MOF

MOF

PostSubject: Re: On this date, 49 years ago...   On this date, 49 years ago... EmptyTue 04 Dec 2012, 10:50 pm

Yep - entire year of 1966...turned 21 during that assignment.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: On this date, 49 years ago...   On this date, 49 years ago... EmptyTue 04 Dec 2012, 11:14 pm

I guess you'll have some awful memories from then MOF. Sad
Back to top Go down
nikbear

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1191

PostSubject: Re: On this date, 49 years ago...   On this date, 49 years ago... EmptyTue 04 Dec 2012, 11:29 pm

But your a survivor MOF Wink You've probably done more and seen things most people can't even imagine,good and bad.
A life lived,is never wasted Smile
Back to top Go down
MOF

MOF

PostSubject: Re: On this date, 49 years ago...   On this date, 49 years ago... EmptyTue 04 Dec 2012, 11:34 pm

There were a few, but bad memories 'fog over' after 46 years...

The worst one was a recurring nightmare after I'd returned from 'Nam. Had the nightmare monthly or so for most of 20-25 years, then it just stopped. I worked in an Army control tower (I was Air Force), and the Viet Cong used to pass by from somewhere, going somewhere else, and, for practice, used the roughly hundred-foot high all-timber tower as a target for mortaring the compound. My nightmare was that the Cong actually hit the tower, and as it fell over, I went with it...couldn't escape. Never did hit the ground in the nightmare. Guess I'd have died in my sleep had that happened...
Back to top Go down
dragob

dragob

Anzahl der Beiträge : 105

PostSubject: Re: On this date, 49 years ago...   On this date, 49 years ago... EmptyWed 05 Dec 2012, 7:15 am

Neutral
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: On this date, 49 years ago...   On this date, 49 years ago... EmptyWed 05 Dec 2012, 4:50 pm

With nowhere to run in a dream it can be quite terrifying so it must be great now they have stopped m8.

I once drove double decker buses for a living and I sometimes get a dream were I get up from the drivers seat and go upstairs to collect the fares from the passengers while the bus is still moving... I must be great at this as I haven't crashed or lost a passenger yet but I wake up in a sweat! affraid

Does anyone else get strange reoccurring dreams? scratch
Back to top Go down
MOF

MOF

PostSubject: Re: On this date, 49 years ago...   On this date, 49 years ago... EmptyWed 05 Dec 2012, 5:05 pm

A couple times a year (on average, more or less), I dream that I stow away on an airliner (but it's legal). Since I've missed the flight, I crawl up into one of the wheel-wells. As the plane gets airborn, guess what happens? You got it; the landing gear doors start closing. Before I'm crushed to death, I awake...

Been having this dream for more than 40 years! I guess if the doors ever do close, I won't wake up...who knows? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: On this date, 49 years ago...   On this date, 49 years ago... EmptyWed 05 Dec 2012, 5:15 pm

He he you little rascal!!! Even if the landing gear doors stayed open in real life you would most likely die anyway, but dreams are so strange with the bazaar & weird scenarios who knows what could really happen in them. Maybe you would find a stairway to the first class area!!!
Back to top Go down
DarkSide

DarkSide

Anzahl der Beiträge : 470

PostSubject: Re: On this date, 49 years ago...   On this date, 49 years ago... EmptyWed 05 Dec 2012, 10:07 pm

MOF wrote:
A couple times a year (on average, more or less), I dream that I stow away on an airliner (but it's legal). Since I've missed the flight, I crawl up into one of the wheel-wells. As the plane gets airborn, guess what happens? You got it; the landing gear doors start closing. Before I'm crushed to death, I awake...

Been having this dream for more than 40 years! I guess if the doors ever do close, I won't wake up...who knows? Rolling Eyes
Indeed it is said that if you die in your dream you actually die in real life too... i suppose that the people who die while sleeping actually die during a dream where they die Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: On this date, 49 years ago...   On this date, 49 years ago... EmptyWed 05 Dec 2012, 10:33 pm

DarkSide wrote:
MOF wrote:

Indeed it is said that if you die in your dream you actually die in real life too... i suppose that the people who die while sleeping actually die during a dream where they die Rolling Eyes

Question It's a fascinating subject as how could anyone know this... unless they were brought back to life straight after dying in a dream and in real life. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On this date, 49 years ago...   On this date, 49 years ago... Empty

Back to top Go down

On this date, 49 years ago...
Page 1 of 1