Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 Vote_lcap25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 Voting_bar25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 Vote_lcap25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 Voting_bar25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

25 bucks for 5.0

Go down 
+9
Highbank
hmmguy
racerm
joeschmoe
GeeDee
bcfcdave
ney.dias
iroc89camaro
selburg68
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
racingmad

Anzahl der Beiträge : 8

25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 25 bucks for 5.0   25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed 03 Apr 2019, 9:35 pm

ney.dias wrote:
You are forgeting something very important! We do what we want to do for free, always for free, thinking only in our personal enjoyment and taste of cars, and of course, the enjoyment of our fellows in this site, all of them very good friends!
So, 25 bucks or 200 bucks means nothing for us!
Better change your way and feel the feelings of our community!! Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Question  Suspect  No  confused  scratch

WELL SAID, MY SENTIMENTS ENTIRE
LY thumbup
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: 25 bucks for 5.0   25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu 04 Apr 2019, 2:41 am

racingmad wrote:
ney.dias wrote:
You are forgeting something very important! We do what we want to do for free, always for free, thinking only in our personal enjoyment and taste of cars, and of course, the enjoyment of our fellows in this site, all of them very good friends!
So, 25 bucks or 200 bucks means nothing for us!
Better change your way and feel the feelings of our community!! Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Question  Suspect  No  confused  scratch

WELL SAID, MY SENTIMENTS ENTIRE
LY thumbup

Spoken by someone who used to show lot's of mods that he had done but wouldn't share them and got very mad when asked if he would... Suspect
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1099

PostSubject: 25 bucks for 5.0   25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu 04 Apr 2019, 8:38 am

Ha Ha Well said Gordon oh yes we remember him well Mr Racingmad.
Wants everything for nowt all the advicee you can give, but gives F/A in return. thumbup thumbup
Back to top Go down
Pete Conway

Anzahl der Beiträge : 150

PostSubject: Re: 25 bucks for 5.0   25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 EmptySun 07 Apr 2019, 12:15 pm

Hi Guys,
It could be a licencing/ownership or quality thing guys, it's easy to wind someone up and easier to get wound up about things you've done but not given away,
Some time ago a fella made a 'pretty good' body as a replacement for the women in a game called Oblivion, he wouldn't release it because he was unhappy with it, some years later it finally made an appearance as a download for Skyrim, though in all honesty it was a bit late as other modders  had made similar ones early enough in Skyrim's life for all the clothes (skins) to be made and set a 'standard'

So RM might have annoyed you for not releasing his stuff but if there were errors and problems that he chose not to mention he shouldn't really be dragged over the coals, after all, his opinion is just as valid.

As for the $25 for a car... yeah it seems laughable but unwittingly so.

Just before No Grip closed it's doors we had a discussion going about donations for models that the 'No Grip Modding team' might purchase (with our money) and create usable and convertible cars initially for GTR 2 and GTL on a not for profit basis.
CX650 might remember how it was or wasn't going, might a similar path be created here, again I'd be willing to stab in a few quid into the pot!
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

PostSubject: 25 bucks for 5.0   25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 EmptySun 07 Apr 2019, 1:30 pm

If modders on here take hours of their time trying to help someone with their issues they are then told of all the work they have done and show screenshots and then proceed to upload absolutely nothing (there are a few on here that do this we know who they are) I think its a absolute cheek there is no defence in my opinion.

Keep thing as they are donations get too messy.
Back to top Go down
Pete Conway

PostSubject: Re: 25 bucks for 5.0   25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 EmptySun 07 Apr 2019, 2:52 pm

fatguts wrote:
Keep thing as they are donations get too messy.

I agree that some mistake a donation as a purchase and expect a return, not being a bean counter I personally would expect nothing in return for a gift..
Each to his/her own though, I only raised a suggestion Smile
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

PostSubject: New Projects :: 25 bucks for 5.0   25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 EmptySun 07 Apr 2019, 4:52 pm

thumbup thumbup
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: 25 bucks for 5.0   25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Apr 2019, 3:59 am

@ Pete Conway.

Unfortunately the modder in question here didn't care about licencing or ownership, he just wanted to show his work and when asked to share his work or stop showing his work because it was upsetting some members because they felt they were being unfairly teased, he got very nasty and bit the hands of the people who had helped and in an unforgivable twisted way.

He said he was sharing his work, but wouldn't say where which made things even worse.

Regarding your suggestion for donations to buy mods on sites sounds good in theory, in practice however, like 'fatguts' mentioned, it gets very messy, could also encourage greed by those doing the work by putting their prices up, the sites they are advertised on would probably want their share too, making things get out of hand. Unfortunately greed seems to rule these days. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Pete Conway

PostSubject: Re: 25 bucks for 5.0   25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Apr 2019, 9:00 am

Heya GeeDee,
I'm sorry I think you misunderstand me, I wasn't really clear on what I meant.

I mean that the 'donations' are for the purchase of a 3D model from a 3D model site like CGTrader or whatever, and the team or trusted individual build on that to create a GTR2/GTL mod, after all, why should we expect a modder to do the work AND pay for the 3D model too... that is what would run on a not for profit basis.

Anyone donating would be made aware though that once the gift had been made they have no claim on it.
On occasions I have given a wino a quid but never do I follow him to make sure he gets on the bus he lied about needing the money for. Smile

Still, there are plenty of free models out there to keep folks busy... it's just not always the ones we want.Smile
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

PostSubject: 25 bucks for 5.0   25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Apr 2019, 10:28 am

Ok this is hypothetical so people donate then have no claim on the gift the donations get to £10,000
the site goes down what happens to the donations ? In fact could this be what happened at NoGrip it had a big member base donating to its upkeep, who knows how much money they took over the years food for thought plus they could be selling peoples work to who knows where no explanation to its demise has ever been given ??

Whenever any thing goes wrong money is always the first suspect

See what I mean by getting messy when money is involved.
Back to top Go down
Pete Conway

PostSubject: Re: 25 bucks for 5.0   25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Apr 2019, 1:41 pm

That's the big numbers... I see a dozen regular mates posting here and a couple of quid each might reach enough to buy a MkIX Jag model... or whatever!

Don't make the mistake of assuming I'm talking of a major investment, I'm talking about honest trust and altruism, and yes, I know some would take advantage but they need not be invited or even told, after all, many of you communicate among yourselves via PM's

Anyway, we don't know what happened at No Grip and unless someone in the know knows and tells we won't, (after all it was at the time the EU started forcing new licensing agreements upon sites... many occasions around that time I got 'access forbidden' from sites I regularly used and if NG decided to close it's doors rather than bend over who knows?)

All said and done I'm not selling anything and I'm not here to get shot!
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: 25 bucks for 5.0   25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Apr 2019, 3:54 am

Pete Conway wrote:
Heya GeeDee,
I'm sorry I think you misunderstand me, I wasn't really clear on what I meant.

I mean that the 'donations' are for the purchase of a 3D model from a 3D model site like CGTrader or whatever, and the team or trusted individual build on that to create a GTR2/GTL mod, after all, why should we expect a modder to do the work AND pay for the 3D model too... that is what would run on a not for profit basis.

Anyone donating would be made aware though that once the gift had been made they have no claim on it.
On occasions I have given a wino a quid but never do I follow him to make sure he gets on the bus he lied about needing the money for. Smile

Still, there are plenty of free models out there to keep folks busy... it's just not always the ones we want.Smile

I didn't miss understand at all and fatguts explains one of the problems.

How does a member know when the cost of buying the car is reached? Can you trust a site not to be greedy and give misleading amounts if it's over subscribed?

There will always be those members who will not contribute money but will want to have their say and that causes controvesy and ill feeling.

Nothing about donating money is simple for just a small project, even the cost of running some sites becomes very strained because of lack of support, which also brings up another worry, what happens to the money collected for a mod if it never reaches the total needed to buy it, who is going to want to write to all doners and return money? It's a lot of work for people in who give their time for free.

I do understand what you are trying to do but it's a can of worms my friend... don't open it unless you are prepared to do this yourself and understand fully all of the pitfalls. thumbup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 25 bucks for 5.0   25 bucks for 5.0 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

25 bucks for 5.0
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2