Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 Vote_lcapconvert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 Voting_barconvert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 Vote_lcapconvert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 Voting_barconvert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

convert F1 1971 mod for GTL

Go down 
+19
deep-strike
DarkSide
nikbear
fisheracing
celica1976
Zpectre
f1_edition
streckensau
Verbatim123
Vintage Racer
almafera
alain62
diabolicomm
GeeDee
ney.dias
LaZanzaraRombante
Soze
conti64
Briele
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

Anzahl der Beiträge : 411

convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2012, 3:14 am

Hi again

I'm done packing and I believe I've found the motive for the non working gauges. I'm not sure if I will be able to fix it, but at least I have a clue.

If a car has more than a .cas file its gauges will not work. Some of them have an item which its pairs don't share (an air intake, covers for the radiators, things like that). To solve it, the original modders made different .cas files for the cars (we're talking about the very same model). So, the Brabham BT33 Ford has four cars and three different .cas files. This car will have non working gauges. However, the Brabham BT34 Ford is an only car with one .cas file. Its gauges will work. Incidentally, several cars sharing one single .cas file will have working gauges.

Does any of this make any sense to you?

The solution could be as simple (and laborious, hell!) as separating every model by their .cas file and repacking the whole thing. I would have this theory tested, but I'm afraid I run out of time.

Now I'm writing the read me file. It's costing me a great deal because it includes instructions to install the championship races I've set up and some advices about the borrowed sounds (remember: this is an unfinished project, there are no converted sounds yet). I want to add some historical background as well.

And that would be all, for now.

Vintage Racer - The icons are yours. With you at the helm, they will be amazing.

Back to top Go down
fisheracing

fisheracing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 326

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2012, 4:20 pm

Soze wrote:
If a car has more than a .cas file its gauges will not work. Some of them have an item which its pairs don't share (an air intake, covers for the radiators, things like that). To solve it, the original modders made different .cas files for the cars (we're talking about the very same model). So, the Brabham BT33 Ford has four cars and three different .cas files. This car will have non working gauges. However, the Brabham BT34 Ford is an only car with one .cas file. Its gauges will work. Incidentally, several cars sharing one single .cas file will have working gauges. Does any of this make any sense to you?
Hello Soze.. Smile Yes, I concure that what you have stumbled across would be the key to the non-functional gauges.

I am more familiar with modding GTR2, but GTL is very, very similar in structure. With GTR2, when you have multiple .CAS files co-existing in the same Teams folder, you need to create a separate xxx_xxx_CPIT.GTR file for each and every one of the .CAS files that are utilized in the folder or the cockpit instrumentation will not function..ie: analog gauges, motecs, LED's ect, etc. So I believe you have nailed it down my friend...Good catch.. Smile

And Soze, I wouldn't be too concerned about not being able to polish and finalize this huge conversion you have taken on. From what I have witnessed, you have achieved in a short period of time what would have taken a team of 3 - 5 members the same period of time to reach. Be proud man! Very Happy

And mark my words m8. Once you release this little gem, you will be surprised how many will chip in and offer fixes and patches along the way to help compliment the work you have done up until now.

Cheers m8. Wink
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2012, 6:58 pm

Thank you for your words and your help, Fisheracing Very Happy. As I was uploading the first part of the mod I tested this theory and I can confirm that we are right. Meet the new Brabham BT33 working gauges:

convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 Gtl_2108

Now I can complete my task:

- Non working gauges.

- LCD timers.

- Converting the sounds (It would be great if one of the sound geniuses who are a part of this community could help me with that).

- Icons (Vintage Racer will do them. Thank you, Dan Very Happy).

- Biks.

- I'm not sure about the supercool showroom. It's really great, but I don't know if it can be supported. As I never converted a complete showroom I'm clueless here, but I don't want you to see the cars flying in the showroom. If I have the time I'll do some research and testing.

They look like a lot of things, but I will work around the clock. I'm sorry if you were expecting to have some laps today, but you won't have to wait much longer. I promise Very Happy

S
Back to top Go down
DarkSide

DarkSide

Anzahl der Beiträge : 468

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2012, 7:54 pm

Take your time soze. Good stuff come to those who wait, some say. Wink
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2012, 9:45 pm

That's great news Soze but don't worry about releasing it yet if you are still busy with it. Your new found confidence with finding the dial problem is good inspiration for you to make the mod more complete.

I wish you all the success. cheers pirat
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2074

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2012, 9:50 pm

Glad to hear you figured out the cockpit issue, but don't worry about releasing it in a hurry.... Take as much time as you want/need............Thanks for all your efforts !!!!
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012, 1:01 am

Thank you, guys Very Happy

I'm done with the cockpit corrections. All the gauges and LCD timers are now functional, and I removed the borrowed gauge textures.

I had forgotten about the visible suspensions in cockpit, they are now in place.

Tomorrow I will face the sounds and, when they're done, the showroom.

Wish me luck Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Verbatim123

Anzahl der Beiträge : 135

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012, 3:25 am

Good Luck:)!
Back to top Go down
alain62

alain62

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1071

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012, 7:47 am

Good luck Soze, and again, thanks for your hard (and quick) work !
I agree with DarkSide, GeeDee and joeschmoe : beautiful things take time.
Your commitment is and will be appreciated. cheers
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012, 2:18 pm

More news:

I've been tampering with the supercool showroom and I don't believe it very feasible in GTL:

convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 Gtl_2109

As you can see, the showroom original point of view is not far enough to show the car, it only shows the outer wall of the garage. However that's a minimum part of the whole showroom, which has an airplane, several trees, a road, its own sky and terrain (beyond the garage floor)... it's huge.

Well, I guess we'll have to be satisfied with what GTL can show. A more conventional approach to the expo floor issue:

convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 Gtl_2110

I like it because reflections are very well defined in it and you can see the lower part of the vehicle. Very nice when you see the car the from behind, as the lower engine part are perfectly visible:

convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 Gtl_2112

Another example 'a la Power and Glory':

convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 Gtl_2111

It doesn't show the car reflections as well as the former but it's the one I like more. However, it's a property of the Power and Glory dev people and, in the past, I haven't been very succesful when I tried to contact them. Besides, I would need their help to create a showroom undershadow (that black spot under the white Brabham). Does any of you know a developer of the Power and Glory mod?

It's important to know if they are going to let me use it because I can't begin with the biks without having that information.

Anyway, which showroom would you prefer for this mod?

S
Back to top Go down
alain62

alain62

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1071

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012, 3:27 pm

The original from GTL (the wooden floor is too sensitive to oil, even with the varnish Wink )
Back to top Go down
Vintage Racer
Premium Member
Premium Member
Vintage Racer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 227

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012, 4:20 pm

I like the original one just fine.
It lets you focus on the car more.
VR
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012, 4:41 pm

The showroom floor isn't that important Soze and could be changed at later date I guess if you really feel the need to.

Good luck though if you do choose to do it. clown
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012, 4:49 pm

It's decided then, the originals will do.

I've done a set of biks with that design, so one less thing to go.

Now, the sounds:

// inside coasting
VS_INSIDE_COAST_ENGINE_1=2.5,F171\A110\a110_offidle.WAV
VS_INSIDE_COAST_ENGINE_2=2.5,F171\A110\a110_offverylow.WAV
VS_INSIDE_COAST_ENGINE_3=3.0,F171\A110\a110_offlow.WAV
VS_INSIDE_COAST_ENGINE_4=3.0,F171\A110\a110_offmid.WAV
VS_INSIDECOAST__ENGINE_5=3.0,F171\A110\a110_offhigh.WAV

I don't know what is that parameter coloured in orange for. Does any of you know about it?

Back to top Go down
fisheracing

fisheracing

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012, 7:02 pm

Soze wrote:
I don't know what is that parameter coloured in orange for. Does any of you know about it?
These are the volume sound modifier values that rFactor uses in the .SFX files Soze. I believe GTREvo also uses this system if I am correct.

Anyhow, having these values present in the lines will render the sounds mute / inaudible in any GTL or GTR2 application. What I personally do when converting rFactor sound files is, remove these modifier amplification values and in an appropriate audio programme, (I use Adobe Soundbooth) increase the .wav file volume a bit at a time until I am satisfied, because when these numerical values are deleted, the .wav file audio volume is now at it's original default volume level from when it was first recorded.

In the following example, this is what needs to go: VS_INSIDE_COAST_ENGINE_1=2.5,F171\A110\a110_offidle.WAV (note removal of the comma)

I just want to add here Soze that this method I use is very time consuming and terribly boring, not for the faint of heart...LOL. You might want to consider using alternative sounds. Much more quicker.

I hope my explaination is somewhat understandable for you m8.

Good Luck. [fisheracing] Wink
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 1:16 am

Sorry for the delay, I had visits at home.

I installed the Formula 1 1979 Mod sounds for my own use because testing the cars in absolute silence was getting me sick, and they actually sound very nice. The downside is that they're already used by several Formula 1 mods.

I can manage myself pretty well in Adobe Audition, I used it a lot in my DJ days. And don't worry about it being boring, I can deal with that too. I think I'm becoming a hardcore modder, after all Wink.

So basicly, if I understood you well, what I need to do is trying to get the volume of every sound file to the same intensity, is that right?

BTW - We haven't talked about physics yet. I need to do something about the tyres because driving these formulas with the keyboard is like playing 'Operation' in a rollercoaster. The cars lose grip when accelerating and just getting out of the boxes without hitting anything can be extremely difficult... and it doesn't improve when cornering. It's like if all the driving helps were gone. I can do a trick and raise the tyre grips, but I don't want to spoil the physics. For what I know, they could be sweet when driving with a steering wheel and pedals. Any suggestion?
Back to top Go down
fisheracing

fisheracing

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 12:42 pm

Hello Soze... Smile

(So basicly, if I understood you well, what I need to do is trying to get the volume of every sound file to the same intensity, is that right?)

Yes, it's what I try to achieve. Because now that the volume modifier digits are no longer present, all .wav files that were supported by this method will return to the default volume base they were originally recorded at. This is why I re-amp the volume by increasing the decibels in an audio program. Sound logical to you m8? I haven't been able to interpret what a modifier digit represents in decibels unfortunatley. ie: 3 = ??? decibels. And so on.

Concerning physics / tyres and other settings, I don't think it is always a good choice to mess with them and adjust using just a keyboard. The majority of sim racers use a wheel as a sole means of control device support, so therefore by adjusting physics set to a keyboard only I don't feel it would interpret correctly to wheel usage and do it justice. Sound about right? These are merely observations on my part m8. I do not have any benchmarks or test results to back up my views. Wink
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 1:59 pm

Message recieved: I won't touch the physics.

I've been studying the sounds for a while. I realized that this is a most complicated task and I can't have it done in a reasonable timeframe, so I asked for help. Vassalfada created the sounds I've been using for the formulas during the conversion process. These sounds are simply amazing and I love them, so I asked him to use them in our project. I also suggested him to pay us a visit here and see how the things are going on. If he wanted to convert the sounds for this mod it would be so great.
Back to top Go down
conti64

conti64

Anzahl der Beiträge : 112

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 4:20 pm

Thanks for all the hard work Soze!!!
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 1:01 am

You're welcome, Conti64 Very Happy

People, I have news. Vassalfada has been so kind to let us use his Formula 1979 sounds cheers and they're amazing sounds. I wrote a new read me file and replaced the things I accidentally erased yesterday. When the icons are available the mod will be complete.

Let's talk about the future. What's next? I'm open to suggestions.
Back to top Go down
diabolicomm

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 8:35 am

I have followed since the beginning of the work the development of this mod, and I must say that you did a wonderful job!
Congratulations!
Sorry for my english (google traslator)
Back to top Go down
DarkSide

DarkSide

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 11:16 am

The future ? well, we'd all like thr drm mod and the latest toyota but... you said u'd not get permission for convert... Sad
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 7:58 pm

What I told is I was going to ask for permission, but after reading this message:

f1_edition wrote:
So far I know, is the permission for the DRM only for rfactor, I have no hope to see this great cars in GTL. Crying or Very sad

I realized that it was very unlikely to get it, so I decided to let it go.

DarkSide - The Toyota is converted since the very day it was released Wink.

Back to top Go down
DarkSide

DarkSide

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 8:28 pm

Yep... and also nobody would give you permission 4 release for the mase type 61 birdcage from historix... Sad

P.S. hey, what 'bout the Alfa Romeo TZ2 from the 60s gt mod ? old model but could be updated Smile rmi I think started a conversion a long time ago... I don't think they'll ever finish it (and if it'll be on the quality of the m1 procar... ehh better not really Sad )
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 10:44 pm

That would be an excelent choice. Do you know where can I find RMI?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: convert F1 1971 mod for GTL   convert  F1 1971 mod for GTL - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

convert F1 1971 mod for GTL
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next