Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed Vote_lcapWSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed Voting_barWSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed Vote_lcapWSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed Voting_barWSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AWK

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3

WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed Empty
PostSubject: WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed   WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed EmptyMon 17 Apr 2023, 3:21 am

Ok I have been pulling my hair out a bit on this one. I am trying to run some 1966 PnG cars on the WSCC 1967 LeMans track. The AI cannot seem to top 195 on the Mulsanne no matter what I have tried. Has anyone else encountered this? In my testing, I am using the Ford GT40 Mk11 against other cars, including other Ford GT40 Mk11 from the same mod.

I tried to make a setup for the AI and still nothing. To validate, I went to 60s Lemans and the AI top speed was fine, and inline with expected pace.

Below are various tests I have done as well:
  • If I use the PnG Ford GT40 Mk11 on 60's Le Mans track, the AI will be able to maintain their gap over me on the back straight. I hit top speed.
    If I use the PnG Ford GT40 Mk11 on the WSCC 1967 Le Mans track, I am able to gain over a second on them in the same straight. I hit top speed.
    If I used the WSCC 1967 Mod Ford GT40 Mk11b at the WSCC 1967 Le Mans track, the AI will be able to maintain their gap over me on the back straight. I hit 210 top speed.

My personal straight-line speed is the same on the straight in both the PnG Ford GT40 and the WSCC Ford GT40 Mk11b cars as well.

For some reason it seems that the issue is only when I use the PnG cars, or classes of cars. I took a Ferrari from the WSCC mod and added it to a class for the 1966 PnG cars, and it too does not keep pace on the straight, but it does in the realm of it's own mod. I would assume if it was the AIW track file, then running the same track in either PnG cars or WSCC cars would have netted a similar issue.

franki63 likes this post

Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1113

PostSubject: Re: WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed   WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed EmptyMon 17 Apr 2023, 1:34 pm

WSCC 1967 LeMans has been heavily modified so have the mods cars this could be the reason.
Back to top Go down
AWK

PostSubject: Re: WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed   WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed EmptyMon 17 Apr 2023, 1:37 pm

I could see that being the case, but I have seen this people use this track with the desired results (see GPLaps 1966 LeMans video). Any ideas where potentially I’d need to look to find any lines that could be the culprit?
Back to top Go down
SabineSchmitzX

Anzahl der Beiträge : 44

PostSubject: Re: WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed   WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed EmptyMon 17 Apr 2023, 4:59 pm

What I can report after testing the track is that AI slows down at the beginning of Hunaudieres straight which causes them to loose about 5 secs in laptime. I tried to fix with AIW tool but no luck. Another thing to being looked at by track experts I'm afraid. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
NEChris

NEChris

Anzahl der Beiträge : 213
Ort : Between Zandvoort and Assen, not too far from Zolder, Spa, Hockenheim and Nürburg

PostSubject: Re: WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed   WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed EmptyMon 17 Apr 2023, 7:06 pm

AWK wrote:
I could see that being the case, but I have seen this people use this track with the desired results (see GPLaps 1966 LeMans video). Any ideas where potentially I’d need to look to find any lines that could be the culprit?
Be sure that you're not running out of gears.
IAW, make sure that the diff is long enough to run the Mulsanne Straight just below max rpm.
So set in the garage the final drive to the max (or one less, a bit trial and error).
Many of the PnG cars have a too low FinalDriveSetting in the hdv file, less than available in the grb file.
And the AI cars use the FinalDriveSetting from the hdv file so may run with a too short diff for Le Mans.
Back to top Go down
AWK

PostSubject: Re: WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed   WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed EmptyMon 17 Apr 2023, 7:35 pm

So when i tried to do a custom setup for the cars to use, nothing changed. I went into the individual car HDV file and manually changed it to the right setting, and that worked.

With the ability for the AI to use the custom setup enabled in the PLR file, shouldn't that work to overwrite this final drive setting anyways? I guess then the alternative issue would be why did the AI not use the custom setup file? Outside of file name and location, are there other reasons why this would not be used by the AI?
Back to top Go down
NEChris

NEChris

Anzahl der Beiträge : 213
Ort : Between Zandvoort and Assen, not too far from Zolder, Spa, Hockenheim and Nürburg

PostSubject: Re: WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed   WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed EmptyTue 18 Apr 2023, 5:44 pm

AWK wrote:
So when i tried to do a custom setup for the cars to use, nothing changed. I went into the individual car HDV file and manually changed it to the right setting, and that worked.

With the ability for the AI to use the custom setup enabled in the PLR file, shouldn't that work to overwrite this final drive setting anyways? I guess then the alternative issue would be why did the AI not use the custom setup file? Outside of file name and location, are there other reasons why this would not be used by the AI?
I'm sorry but I don't know, I never use the custom .svm files.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed   WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed Empty

Back to top Go down

WSCC 1967 LeMans - AI No Top Speed
Page 1 of 1