Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Setting up a race in GTL Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Setting up a race in GTL Vote_lcapSetting up a race in GTL Voting_barSetting up a race in GTL Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Setting up a race in GTL Vote_lcapSetting up a race in GTL Voting_barSetting up a race in GTL Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Setting up a race in GTL

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SabineSchmitzX

Anzahl der Beiträge : 44

Setting up a race in GTL Empty
PostSubject: Setting up a race in GTL   Setting up a race in GTL EmptyWed 07 Sep 2022, 12:52 pm

I tried and tried and still have not figured out how (on earth) to set up a race in GTL for ex. I have a mod F1-1975 and want only these cars to race. But no matter what I try (editing .car files and giving them extra classes etc.) it never shows up and I can only race against some bloody lame cars (no offense but I am kinda frustrated). Does Tom's Quick Race work in GTL as well!? Does anyone have a clue, how do you do that!? Thanks for possible advise. Wink
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1112

PostSubject: Setting up a race in GTL   Setting up a race in GTL EmptyWed 07 Sep 2022, 1:24 pm

Can you not give the cars a unique class line for example   classes="F1_75"  add to all cars

Copy the mods gdb file, delete the entries and just have the line below

F1_75 = F1-1975 Cars

Worth a try

thumbup
Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

Anzahl der Beiträge : 91

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a race in GTL   Setting up a race in GTL EmptyFri 09 Sep 2022, 9:22 am

Here is what you need to do.

Assuming that your install of GTL is decrypted.

In your GameData Folder, make a copy of your SIM_GTC.gdb. It's good to have a back up. I usually just make a .rar file of it.

Then edit the one you are going to use like this:

In the CATEGORY section, add SIM_75F1 = 1975 F1 (or whatever you want it to be)

Then in your .car files add the SIM_75F1 (or whatever you chose), in the "Classes" line, and you're done.

The GDB entry should look like this:

Category
{
 SIM_TC65 = FIA TC-65       // category that can be filtered out using NOT:
 SIM_GTC65 = FIA GTC-65     // category that can be filtered out using NOT:
 SIM_GTC76 = FIA GTC-TC-76  // category that can be filtered out using NOT:
 SIM_75F1 = 1975 F1  // category that can be filtered out using NOT:

fatguts likes this post

Back to top Go down
SabineSchmitzX

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a race in GTL   Setting up a race in GTL EmptyFri 09 Sep 2022, 5:04 pm

Thanks  I might give it one last shot. Otherwise I have DL all stuff of PnG and gonna try that (again). Rolling Eyes

Edit: Tried again and it's not working. Shocked That's enough and I knöw now why I got that game for just 1 Euro on ebay. Rolling Eyes It has it's nice moments no doubt but if you are a modder and or wanna add stuff - you've had it and if you edit etc. game goes beserk and addons don't work anymore. Many say so and they also say go to PnG. Next stop there.Thx however. Thanks
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1112

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a race in GTL   Setting up a race in GTL EmptySun 11 Sep 2022, 11:52 am

PnG3 is the way to go thumbup
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2092

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a race in GTL   Setting up a race in GTL EmptySun 11 Sep 2022, 2:02 pm

Just installed to test, 5 minutes......Formula_1_1975_1.1_For_GTL.rar used
-Use a text editor to replace class lines in .car files.
-Replace Classes="F1_1975LE ,SIM_FULL, SIM_GTC76" with
Classes="F1_1975LE"
- Add F1_1975LE = F175LE to Category section of GTC .gdb file

There some items missing in this mod, are you using a better one?
Setting up a race in GTL F175_c10
Setting up a race in GTL F175le10

Back to top Go down
SabineSchmitzX

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a race in GTL   Setting up a race in GTL EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022, 10:26 am

If you mean missing arms - yes. I had also published this on Trackaholics (Beco1) and I cannot get arms to work on this. And I have given up on GTL for good - it does not work for me, not with the hints given and since I cannot get PnG to run either which is very sad too I will however stick to GTR2 now where I made some stuff just recently and some more is to cum. What would be nice to know how to have multiple instances of GTR2!? I just don't knöw how to do that!? Thank ye. Setting up a race in GTL 1f1ec-1f1e7
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2092

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a race in GTL   Setting up a race in GTL EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022, 2:35 pm

I was speaking of the missing gauge needles, suspension pieces, etc. I have 15-16 installs of GTR2. I just simply copy the master install and rename the folder.....
Back to top Go down
SabineSchmitzX

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a race in GTL   Setting up a race in GTL EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022, 4:12 pm

Oh yeah that's indeed another thing. It is btw. not working in GTL nor GTR2.  As I have said many times now my skills are limited, still learning, and most of all I do not have programs like 3DSimEd, 3DMax or Bob's Trackbuilder or Photoshop. And that is also the main reason I often ask others to join in, look at bugs and fix things that I can't. I will try this multiple instances hint, maybe that works for me. It might not though - cos I'm on XP but I shall see. Thanks
Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a race in GTL   Setting up a race in GTL EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022, 12:59 am

I’m still running XP, and I have GTL, four installs of GTR2, one of them being P&G v 3.2, and GTR2 Evolution. Also, one of the other GTR2 installs labeled “1960’s”  includes P&G v2 plus other mods

What you need to do is copy a clean install of GTR2, then rename the main folder, create a desktop icon, and rename that.

You will need to use the NO CD PATCH to do this I imagine.

I have my folders labeled:
GTR2,
GTR2_1960,
GTR2 Clean
and PnG3.2

The best way to install P&G is over a clean install of GTR2

I have all my tracks in the GTR2 Locations folder, and I use ASA's track linker to link whichever tracks I want use to the other installs.

So basically I link my period style tracks to the 1960 and PnG installs. It saves a lot of space.

I'll have a look into the missing arms and dials in the '75 mod.

I've just had a look. The version I have in GTR2 has driver arms, and the dials work.
Back to top Go down
SabineSchmitzX

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a race in GTL   Setting up a race in GTL EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022, 8:39 am

I just copied my GTR2 folder -  and it works!cheers  that's nice and I will now make a "Vintage GTR2" and a modern age one. About the F1-1975 mod GTR2 that works for you - is that the complete mod or the demo!? Cos for me only the demo is "perfect" with everything OK so far - but with so many cars missing (no Niki WTH!?). But if you have a complete version with even everything crisp - well I would be very thankful. Also funny how we write here instead in my thread on Trackaholics or PM there.lol!  But thx for all help and advise!  Thanks
Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a race in GTL   Setting up a race in GTL EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022, 10:52 am

It must be the demo as it only has four teams.
Back to top Go down
SabineSchmitzX

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a race in GTL   Setting up a race in GTL EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022, 12:52 pm

Most likely. The stuff I converted and still trying to has almost 500 MB. And it also seems to be sad but true what they write over at RD that there is literally no working full version of this especially not with all the good stuff of the demo incl. That is even disappointing a bit cos this mod and season would deserve it a lot.Crying or Very sad As said I will try to add Niki to the demo, but I think it will fail. Demo version is better than none of course. Maybe some experts will read this and maybe - who knows. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a race in GTL   Setting up a race in GTL EmptySun 18 Sep 2022, 4:46 am

Beco1 has found a full version for GTR2, and posted a link over at Trackaholics.

For my own interest, I did a quick conversion and got a car working in GTL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a race in GTL   Setting up a race in GTL Empty

Back to top Go down

Setting up a race in GTL
Page 1 of 1