Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€How to reduce mirror like shine on cars? Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
How to reduce mirror like shine on cars? Vote_lcapHow to reduce mirror like shine on cars? Voting_barHow to reduce mirror like shine on cars? Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
How to reduce mirror like shine on cars? Vote_lcapHow to reduce mirror like shine on cars? Voting_barHow to reduce mirror like shine on cars? Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

How to reduce mirror like shine on cars?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jagdpanzer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 27

How to reduce mirror like shine on cars? Empty
PostSubject: How to reduce mirror like shine on cars?   How to reduce mirror like shine on cars? EmptyMon 11 Apr 2022, 6:28 am

Complete newbie here at working with graphics files in GTR2.

I was wondering, in some mods the mirror like shine on the cars is super over-done, to the point the actual colors of the livery, for instance Ferrari red, seem pink or even white-ish when displayed in the sim. Is there a way to remove this shine, where the cars are the actual color they were painted in real life?

Can someone walk me through what I would need to do to change it? I have used GIMP to create skins in various flight sims, so I do have some basic knowledge, just not familiar with editing or creating GTR2 graphic files....
Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

Anzahl der Beiträge : 91

PostSubject: Re: How to reduce mirror like shine on cars?   How to reduce mirror like shine on cars? EmptyMon 11 Apr 2022, 9:21 am

You need to make a mask .dds file with photoshop or another program, and apply it to the 3d chassis models with 3dSimEd.

The quick way to make the .dds is is to get the body1 dds from the TEX.gtr and change it to GREYSCALE. You can then adjust the brightness and contrast to make it darker if you wish, The darker it is, the less shine you have.

(I'm using the Ferrari 250 GTO as an example, but it will be your cars .dds)

Save that as 1234_FERRARI_250GTO_BODY1_MASK.dds. All you need to do is add the _MASK to the end of the file name like that.

Next, you need to get the three chassis GMT's: A, B, & C, from the OBJ.GTR, put them in a folder with the mask.dds.

Load the three gmt's up together as objects with 3dSimEd. Then you will see, for the wc_team_body1 entries, in the SPECULAR MAP, you will see the default body_mask entry FERRARI_250GTO_BODY1_MASK.dds

Change those entries to point to your 1234_FERRARI_250GTO_BODY1_MASK.dds file and save as OBJECTS.

Put those chassis files and the .dds in your cars folder, and your done.

I think that's it. It's easier to do than to explain.

jeannomiller, CX650, NEChris and nolimitphil like this post

Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

Anzahl der Beiträge : 91

PostSubject: Re: How to reduce mirror like shine on cars?   How to reduce mirror like shine on cars? EmptyWed 13 Apr 2022, 6:14 am

I just realised today, there is possibly a default mask file in the MAIN .TEX.GTR

If there is, and you darken that, it will work on all cars in the mod.

Jagdpanzer likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jagdpanzer

PostSubject: Re: How to reduce mirror like shine on cars?   How to reduce mirror like shine on cars? EmptyTue 19 Apr 2022, 7:42 am

sunalp2 wrote:
I just realised today, there is possibly a default mask file in the MAIN .TEX.GTR

If there is, and you darken that, it will work on all cars in the mod.

Thanks sunalp2! I'll take a look. That would save some work! How to reduce mirror like shine on cars? 1f609

sunalp2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
wingnut

PostSubject: Re: How to reduce mirror like shine on cars?   How to reduce mirror like shine on cars? EmptyTue 19 Apr 2022, 8:45 am

You could also try a different Emap_paint.dds they all differ GTL /PnG/ GTR2 I have found GTL is the least shiny but there are loads out there the mask and its settings makes the biggest difference tho.

Jagdpanzer likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to reduce mirror like shine on cars?   How to reduce mirror like shine on cars? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to reduce mirror like shine on cars?
Page 1 of 1