Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2
 
HomeSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding


or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Pixel
Donated: 75€

Google
Top posters
GeeDee
1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_lcap1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Voting_bar1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_lcap1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Voting_bar1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_lcap1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Voting_bar1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
MOF
1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_lcap1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Voting_bar1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
joeschmoe
1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_lcap1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Voting_bar1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
MG421982
1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_lcap1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Voting_bar1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
nikbear
1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_lcap1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Voting_bar1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
alain62
1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_lcap1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Voting_bar1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
deep-strike
1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_lcap1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Voting_bar1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Vanaja
1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_lcap1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Voting_bar1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Vote_rcap 

 

 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
NPanic

NPanic

Anzahl der Beiträge : 87
Anmeldedatum : 2020-01-23
Alter : 22

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2020, 9:15 pm

Updated list of cars:

1. DAYTONA 24H:
#53 Porsche 906E
#52 Porsche 910
#55 Porsche 906LH
#34 Ferrari 206 Dino S
#26 Ferrari 412P
#23 Ferrari 330 P3/4
#1 Ford GT40 MKII
#2 Ford GT40 MKII
#3 Ford GT40 MKII
#4 Ford GT40 MKII
#5 Ford GT40 MKII
#6 Ford GT40 MKII
#32 Ferrari 250LM
#47 Chevron B4
#51 Porsche 906E
#55 Porsche 906LH
#58 Porsche 906
#9 Ford GT40 MKI
#11 Ford GT40 MKI
#20 Ford GT40 MKI
#53 Porsche 906E
#56 Porsche 906LH

2. SEBRING 12H:
#1 Ford GT40 MKIV
#65 Alfa Romeo T33
#66 Alfa Romeo T33
#8 Corvette C2 L88
#32 Ferrari Dino 206 S
#33 Ferrari Dino 206 S
#34 Ferrari Dino 206 S
#35 Ferrari Dino 206 S
#40 Porsche 906LH
#42 Porsche 906E
#39 Porsche 906E
#36 Porsche 910
#37 Porsche 910
#2 Ford GT40 MKII
#11 Ford GT40 MKI
#17 Ford GT40 MKI
#19 Ford GT40 MKI
#23 Ferrari 250LM
#38 Porsche 906
#39 Porsche 906E
#40 Porsche 906LH
#42 Porsche 906E
#44 Porsche 906E
#14 Ford GT40 MKI

3. MONZA 1000KM:
#53 Ferrari 275 GTB
#12 Ferrari Dino 206 S
#14 Ferrari Dino 206 S
#18 Ferrari Dino 206 S
#20 Ferrari Dino 206 S
#21 Ferrari Dino 206 S
#23 Ferrari Dino 206 S
#22 Porsche 906LH
#15 Porsche 910
#16 Porsche 910
#5 Mirage M1
#6 Mirage M1
#32 Ford GT40 MKI
#33 Ford GT40 MKI
#34 Ford GT40 MKI
#35 Ford GT40 MKI
#36 Ford GT40 MKI
#44 Porsche 906
#22 Porsche 906LH
#38 Ferrari 250LM
#40 Ferrari 250LM
#41 Ferrari 250LM
#43 Porsche 906
#45 Porsche 906
#46 Porsche 906
#48 Porsche 906

4. SPA 1000KM:
#11 Ferrari 412P
#20 Ferrari Dino 206 S
#21 Porsche 910
#22 Porsche 910
#4 Ford GT40 MKII
#6 Mirage M1
#7 Mirage M1
#23 Porsche 906LH
#31 Lotus 47
#41 Ford GT40 MKI
#45 Ford GT40 MKI
#51 Porsche 906
#53 Porsche 906
#54 Porsche 906
#40 Ford GT40 MKI
#50 Porsche 906

5. TARGA FLORIO:
#224 Ferrari 330 P3/4
#220 Ferrari 412P
#170 Alfa Romeo T33
#190 Alfa Romeo T33
#192 Alfa Romeo T33
#200 Alfa Romeo T33
#198 Ferrari Dino 206 P
#186 Ferrari Dino 206 S
#202 Ferrari Dino 206 S
#156 Ferrari Dino 246 S
#166 Porsche 910
#174 Porsche 910
#184 Porsche 910
#218 Porsche 910/8
#226 Porsche 910/8
#228 Porsche 910/8
#126 Ford GT40 MKI
#130 Ford GT40 MKI
#? Porsche 906

6. NURBURGRING 1000KM:
#20 Alfa Romeo T33
#21 Alfa Romeo T33
#22 Alfa Romeo T33
#34 Ferrari Dino 206 S
#2 Ferrari Dino 246 S
#17 Porsche 910
#18 Porsche 910
#19 Porsche 910
#7 Porsche 910/8
#8 Porsche 910/8
#9 Porsche 910/8
#5 Mirage M1
#6 Mirage M1
#24 Lotus 47
#25 Lotus 47
#26 Porsche 906LH
#27 Chevron B6
#38 Chevron B6
#42 Lotus 47
#60 Ford GT40 MKI
#61 Ford GT40 MKI
#62 Ford GT40 MKI
#63 Ferrari 250LM
#67 Ford GT40 MKI
#70 Porsche 906
#76 Porsche 906

7. LE MANS 24H:
#20 Ferrari 330 P3/4
#19 Ferrari 330 P4
#21 Ferrari 330 P4
#24 Ferrari 330 P4
#22 Ferrari 412P
#23 Ferrari 412P
#25 Ferrari 412P
#1 Ford GT40 MKIV
#2 Ford GT40 MKIV
#3 Ford GT40 MKIV
#4 Ford GT40 MKIV
#40 Porsche 907LH
#41 Porsche 907LH
#37 Alfa Romeo T33 Coda Lunga
#38 Alfa Romeo T33
#9 Corvette C2 L88
#28 Ferrari 275 GTB
#38 Porsche 910
#39 Porsche 910
#5 Ford GT40 MKII
#37 Porsche 906
#57 Ford GT40 MKII
#66 Porsche 906
#6 Ford GT40 MKII
#14 Mirage M1
#15 Mirage M1
#16 Ford GT40 MKI
#18 Ford GT40 MKI
#62 Ford GT40 MKI
#44 Lotus 47

8. BRANDS HATCH BOAC500KM 6H:
#24 Porsche 910
#25 Porsche 910
#10 Porsche 910/8
#11 Porsche 910/8
#3 Mirage M1
#27 Chevron B6
#29 Lotus 47
#51 Ford GT40 MKI
#53 Ford GT40 MKI
#56 Ferrari 250LM
#57 Ferrari 250LM
#59 Ford GT40 MKI
#60 Ferrari 250LM
#71 Porsche 906
#73 Porsche 906
#28 Chevron B5
#26 Chevron B6
#30 Lotus 47
#32 Lotus 47
#52 Ford GT40 MKI
#53 Ford GT40 MKI
#55 Ferrari 250LM
#72 Porsche 906
Back to top Go down
NPanic

NPanic

Anzahl der Beiträge : 87
Anmeldedatum : 2020-01-23
Alter : 22

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2020, 9:17 pm

fatguts wrote:
Fantastic work thank you for sharing. cheers

Ferrari 250 LM needs a fix front wheels sunk into the tarmac

Oh i noticed that too after uploading, and its only the Daytona car for me. The rest are ok (weird). Is it the same for you?
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

Anzahl der Beiträge : 160
Anmeldedatum : 2014-03-27
Ort : Stockholm, Sweden

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2020, 9:41 pm

Awesome! I think the Lotus 47 might be my new favorite! And great work on adding the big air intakes to one of the Brands Hatch cars!

And I agree it's a good strategy seeing what you have released so far as a "base" since there are lots of things that I think can be improved without too much effort (although some of it might of course be my personal preferences).
Back to top Go down
NPanic

NPanic

Anzahl der Beiträge : 87
Anmeldedatum : 2020-01-23
Alter : 22

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2020, 11:04 pm

bonnier wrote:
Awesome! I think the Lotus 47 might be my new favorite! And great work on adding the big air intakes to one of the Brands Hatch cars!

And I agree it's a good strategy seeing what you have released so far as a "base" since there are lots of things that I think can be improved without too much effort (although some of it might of course be my personal preferences).

Feel free to comment on what those would be! We want the mod to be as good as possible of course.
Back to top Go down
NPanic

NPanic

Anzahl der Beiträge : 87
Anmeldedatum : 2020-01-23
Alter : 22

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2020, 11:20 pm

Here is the fix for the 250LM for the time being. Seems like I messed up the Firestone tires somehow (graphical offset), but here is the fix: www.mediafire.com/file/rce59fdeb2fa56y/Firestone_Historic_Compound.TYR/file
Back to top Go down
jeromefb



Anzahl der Beiträge : 37
Anmeldedatum : 2010-07-04

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2020, 7:45 am

Thank you thumbup
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 710
Anmeldedatum : 2016-02-23
Ort : In my other Shed

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2020, 9:22 am

Thank you for the wheel fix this mod is a fantastic piece of work
just brilliant cheers cheers cheers cheers thumbup Thanks Thanks
Back to top Go down
z1000a2



Anzahl der Beiträge : 561
Anmeldedatum : 2010-06-27
Alter : 56
Ort : Germany

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2020, 6:14 pm

Thank you NPanic
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

Anzahl der Beiträge : 160
Anmeldedatum : 2014-03-27
Ort : Stockholm, Sweden

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2020, 7:16 pm

NPanic wrote:
bonnier wrote:

And I agree it's a good strategy seeing what you have released so far as a "base" since there are lots of things that I think can be improved without too much effort (although some of it might of course be my personal preferences).

Feel free to comment on what those would be! We want the mod to be as good as possible of course.

Here are some major things I've noticed:

Porsche 910: When driving at night, the cockpit looks like it's full of smoke! From the outside the cockpit looks like someone has turned on a light inside it! Laughing

Ferrari Dino: Two distinct black faces on the engine cover.

Ferrari 250 LM: No driver hands, LCD display.

Lotus 47: An "E" sticker that didn't exist in the '60s on the dashboard.

Mirage: Too much desaturation in body colours. The blue looks almost grey.

Ford Mk II: Mk I dashboard with modern gauges. The P&G version is the way to go here.
Back to top Go down
NPanic

NPanic

Anzahl der Beiträge : 87
Anmeldedatum : 2020-01-23
Alter : 22

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2020, 11:50 am

bonnier wrote:
NPanic wrote:
bonnier wrote:

And I agree it's a good strategy seeing what you have released so far as a "base" since there are lots of things that I think can be improved without too much effort (although some of it might of course be my personal preferences).

Feel free to comment on what those would be! We want the mod to be as good as possible of course.

Here are some major things I've noticed:

Porsche 910: When driving at night, the cockpit looks like it's full of smoke! From the outside the cockpit looks like someone has turned on a light inside it! Laughing

Ferrari Dino: Two distinct black faces on the engine cover.

Ferrari 250 LM: No driver hands, LCD display.

Lotus 47: An "E" sticker that didn't exist in the '60s on the dashboard.

Mirage: Too much desaturation in body colours. The blue looks almost grey.

Ford Mk II: Mk I dashboard with modern gauges. The P&G version is the way to go here.

Thanks for the feedback!

The 910 issue should be fixed with the new upload…. Would be very weird if it wasnt, i just checked and the cockpit looks fine at night for me.

Ye those 2 black plygons are bothering me too. I guess i could fix them but thats just bad modelling or normals editing from the original model creator..

The 250LM does have hands for me... Again a weird issue on your side. The LCD though is a bit disturbing, ill remove it.

Well if you look at pictures of 67 Mirages they really did have very bleached colors:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/29/aa/7d/29aa7dbe46d15de7e382581631a037f8.jpg
https://lautomobileancienne.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Mirage-M1-1.jpg
https://lautomobileancienne.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Mirage-M1-3.jpg
So I dont think i was too far off Razz

And the MkII dash, phew, implementing the one from the P&G MkII could be a lotta work, will see.
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

Anzahl der Beiträge : 160
Anmeldedatum : 2014-03-27
Ort : Stockholm, Sweden

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2020, 1:25 pm

Maybe it's only me noticing these things since no one else here seems to have noticed them. I can adjust the stuff myself for my own game so no need for you to do anything if you're happy with it. Very Happy Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with your mod overall so far and the stuff I've noticed can very well just be related to my personal opinion and preferences.

I just tested the 910 again, and now everything looks fine with the cockpit so you can completely ignore my remark on that from above. Not sure what happened when I tested it earlier.

As for the Ford Mk IIB, I was more thinking you could use the whole P&G car without including it in your download, just like you did with for example the P&G Corvettes.
Back to top Go down
NPanic

NPanic

Anzahl der Beiträge : 87
Anmeldedatum : 2020-01-23
Alter : 22

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2020, 5:29 pm

bonnier wrote:
Maybe it's only me noticing these things since no one else here seems to have noticed them. I can adjust the stuff myself for my own game so no need for you to do anything if you're happy with it. Very Happy Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with your mod overall so far and the stuff I've noticed can very well just be related to my personal opinion and preferences.

I just tested the 910 again, and now everything looks fine with the cockpit so you can completely ignore my remark on that from above. Not sure what happened when I tested it earlier.

As for the Ford Mk IIB, I was more thinking you could use the whole P&G car without including it in your download, just like you did with for example the P&G Corvettes.

Its fine, feel free to comment on whatever you think can be improved. I dont want to include PnG cars (will remove the vette later when i have a seperate one) because i dont want to change the PnG files for people (if someone is doing online stuff or dunno.. for whatever reason)
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3831
Anmeldedatum : 2010-06-23
Alter : 71
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2020, 11:18 pm

Sometimes a track might have the same material name as one in the car you are using, the track one will be the one that shows up, so weird things can happen.
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

Anzahl der Beiträge : 160
Anmeldedatum : 2014-03-27
Ort : Stockholm, Sweden

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020, 9:58 pm

If you are up for some 3D editing, high on my wishlist would be to give FF94's GT40 MkI body that has the four taillight configuration a more correct rear by mainly making all four lights the same size. Now the two upper lights are almost double the size of the lower ones. Here's how the lights should look like:

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 DIF7nfFXkAAArmt
Monza 1967

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 130%20Ford%20GT%2040%20J.M.Giorgi%20-%20H.Greder%20(39)
Targa Florio 1967

Below, the rear looks too fat for a 1966 but here one can see the lights up close:



I believe this was the most common taillight configuration for the 1967 MkI entries (no less than five of them at Brands for example according to FF94). An idea could be to try and use the taillights from the 6-lights configured Lotus Elan.

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Page2-1016-full
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 710
Anmeldedatum : 2016-02-23
Ort : In my other Shed

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020, 10:11 pm

Hi NPanic Ferrari 250 LM speedo not working needs a fix old chap, plus not happy with some of the tyres
will experiment and report back they make the cars undrivable.

Ok if you want to go off the track every five minutes go round in circles and come last  Very Happy

Will sort it.
Back to top Go down
NPanic

NPanic

Anzahl der Beiträge : 87
Anmeldedatum : 2020-01-23
Alter : 22

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 11:23 am

bonnier wrote:
If you are up for some 3D editing, high on my wishlist would be to give FF94's GT40 MkI body that has the four taillight configuration a more correct rear by mainly making all four lights the same size. Now the two upper lights are almost double the size of the lower ones. Here's how the lights should look like:

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 DIF7nfFXkAAArmt
Monza 1967

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 130%20Ford%20GT%2040%20J.M.Giorgi%20-%20H.Greder%20(39)
Targa Florio 1967

Below, the rear looks too fat for a 1966 but here one can see the lights up close:



I believe this was the most common taillight configuration for the 1967 MkI entries (no less than five of them at Brands for example according to FF94). An idea could be to try and use the taillights from the 6-lights configured Lotus Elan.

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Page2-1016-full

Well that should be an easy fix, ill deffo take a look at it. Also love how you notice these small things i could never do myself cyclops


Last edited by NPanic on Sat 28 Mar 2020, 12:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NPanic

NPanic

Anzahl der Beiträge : 87
Anmeldedatum : 2020-01-23
Alter : 22

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 11:27 am

fatguts wrote:
Hi NPanic Ferrari 250 LM speedo not working needs a fix old chap, plus not happy with some of the tyres
will experiment and report back they make the cars undrivable.

Ok if you want to go off the track every five minutes go round in circles and come last  Very Happy

Will sort it.

If you are talking about the digital speedo not working, well it shouldnt be there in the first place, im in the process of removing it currently.

The tires are similar across all cars and they are intentionally modeled to have little grip (prototypical to the 67 ones) to help the cars perform realistic lap times. Can you be more specific about what precisely you dont like? I myself find the cars very fun and involving to drive, i mean thats why i love historic racing, its all the sliding under braking, when turning, on throttle. One just has to take a look at the Goodwood revival races to see what i mean cheers
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

Anzahl der Beiträge : 160
Anmeldedatum : 2014-03-27
Ort : Stockholm, Sweden

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 1:20 pm

NPanic wrote:

Well that should be an easy fix, ill deffo take a look at it. Also love how you notice these small things i could never do myself cyclops

Great! It's actually very noticable and disturbing when chasing a MkI up close!

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Gt40-r10

And don't do anything to the tires as I think they are the best part of your physics! I recall that fatguts has also claimed the P&G cars to be undriveable...
Back to top Go down
NPanic

NPanic

Anzahl der Beiträge : 87
Anmeldedatum : 2020-01-23
Alter : 22

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 2:24 pm

bonnier wrote:
NPanic wrote:

Well that should be an easy fix, ill deffo take a look at it. Also love how you notice these small things i could never do myself cyclops

Great! It's actually very noticable and disturbing when chasing a MkI up close!

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Gt40-r10

And don't do anything to the tires as I think they are the best part of your physics! I recall that fatguts has also claimed the P&G cars to be undriveable...

I just realized changing the rear lights would be A LOT OF work. I have to change 5 chassis models (the upper hole in the body is too big as well as the upper rear light)… So ye i dunno if ill go ahead with that just yet, when I catch a free day and have nothing else to do (currently have some uni homework and studies).

BUT i did change: removed the 250LM motec digital screen, changed the "modern" gauges in the GT40 to more period correct ones and changed the Tacho text color in the 910 from white to green as it should be.

And ye i think the problem may be in fatguts' driving skills Cool Razz
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

Anzahl der Beiträge : 160
Anmeldedatum : 2014-03-27
Ort : Stockholm, Sweden

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 4:18 pm

I didn't know there were as many as 5 different chassis models for the MkI but thought it was possible to do the editing on just one of them and then copy the result to the rest.

I guess Colin Crabbe has his own model, haha.

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Page6-1028-full
Back to top Go down
NPanic

NPanic

Anzahl der Beiträge : 87
Anmeldedatum : 2020-01-23
Alter : 22

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 4:29 pm

bonnier wrote:
I didn't know there were as many as 5 different chassis models for the MkI but thought it was possible to do the editing on just one of them and then copy the result to the rest.

I guess Colin Crabbe has his own model, haha.

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Page6-1028-full

Actually there are 9 models for the MK1, 5 of them for the double rear lights version. I also fixed some normal/lighting issues on all of the 14 or however many GT40 models there are. And yeah that car has its own model hahaha
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 710
Anmeldedatum : 2016-02-23
Ort : In my other Shed

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 7:10 pm

Lets not pretend that tyres in GTL & GTR2 behave in a realistic way there are only a few that do
you can try 5 or 6 different tyres and they all behave in the same crap way making no
difference to the cars handling what so ever.

Also lets not fall into the trap and pretend the handling is realistic either some cars are better than others some are absolutely terrible.

Its a game not a race simulator a good game at that and i love it.

Take the Ford GT40 it has terrible physics if Ford had a car that handled like that they would never take it to a circuit.

Its all tongue in cheek and poetic licence.

Me I want to race the cars not struggle to try and go round every corner thats why started modifying
cars on here and have a release section on Trackaholics.

Congratulations on a great mod yes i would race you any day  thumbup
Back to top Go down
chrisracer14

chrisracer14

Anzahl der Beiträge : 109
Anmeldedatum : 2010-08-03

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 7:32 pm

I find the tires on the Ferrari 330's to be too slippery. I have tried using the tires from the BMW 3.0 litre CSL to work much better. The original ones make the car feel like it is floating and not connected to the road. As fatguts says, it is a game. All I am trying to do is get it to feel a little better.
Back to top Go down
NPanic

NPanic

Anzahl der Beiträge : 87
Anmeldedatum : 2020-01-23
Alter : 22

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 7:48 pm

fatguts wrote:
Lets not pretend that tyres in GTL & GTR2 behave in a realistic way there are only a few that do
you can try 5 or 6 different tyres and they all behave in the same crap way making no
difference to the cars handling what so ever.

Also lets not fall into the trap and pretend the handling is realistic either some cars are better than others some are absolutely terrible.

Its a game not a race simulator a good game at that and i love it.

Take the Ford GT40 it has terrible physics if Ford had a car that handled like that they would never take it to a circuit.

Its all tongue in cheek and poetic licence.

Me I want to race the cars not struggle to try and go round every corner thats why started modifying
cars on here and have a release section on Trackaholics.

Congratulations on a great mod yes i would race you any day  thumbup

Was just joking about your skills m8, for all i know you could be a real life racer Razz

The game uses the ISI engine so i do think we can consider it a sim fairly confidently. Sharing the engine with rfactor PRO which is being used by F1 teams must account for something..

Well i am sure we all have our tastes and preferences. Regarding the Ford, it was well known that the Ford was a terribly behaving car. It took them 2 years to even make it drivable to the point where it can finish a 24h race.. The Ferrari kicked its ass on any track that had more than 5 corners. If I made the Ford behave any better (i know that it has bad weight transfer and turn in, but thats good so imo) that would make it quicker. Making it quicker would ruin the current realistic lap times. For example i did a quick lap around Daytona in the MK2: 1:56.8. The fastest ford in the 67 qually did a 1:55.1, the slowest 1.59 something. The car is bottoming out at the oval bends though and i will fix that, so that would make it possible to beat the 1:55.1.. The same goes for the MK1, did some testing around Brands Hatch comparing the times to real life ones.

I think struggling to go around every corner is a good description of 60s racing cars. They were primitive, developed in sheds most of the time, terrible rubber, flexing tubular aluminium chassis, fragile... But for me thats what makes it beautiful, the struggle is amazing Razz

Mind sharing the files if you manage to make the cars feel the way you want without making them faster? Im interested in your interpretation Very Happy


Last edited by NPanic on Sat 28 Mar 2020, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NPanic

NPanic

Anzahl der Beiträge : 87
Anmeldedatum : 2020-01-23
Alter : 22

1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 EmptySat 28 Mar 2020, 7:52 pm

chrisracer14 wrote:
I find the tires on the Ferrari 330's to be too slippery. I have tried using the tires from the BMW 3.0 litre CSL to work much better. The original ones make the car feel like it is floating and not connected to the road. As fatguts says, it is a game. All I am trying to do is get it to feel a little better.

I have to agree with the Ferrari tires though. The original ones from LMC had waaay to much grip. So all i did is reduce the grip to levels similar to the other cars in my mod. Now it performs realistic lap times but it does float even on the straights... Ill need to have a better look at that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod   1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
1967 World Sportscar Championship Mod
Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» FIDE World Chess Championship Match 2014
» 2010 World Youth Chess Championship – Final report
» World Chess Championship Match in Sochi
» FIDE World Chess Championship Anand-Carlsen 2013
» FIDE World Chess Championship Carlsen-Anand 2014

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution Modding :: Evolution Modding :: New Projects-
Jump to: