Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€GTL and Windows 10 Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
GTL and Windows 10 Vote_lcapGTL and Windows 10 Voting_barGTL and Windows 10 Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
GTL and Windows 10 Vote_lcapGTL and Windows 10 Voting_barGTL and Windows 10 Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

GTL and Windows 10

Go down 
+4
ney.dias
MG421982
fatguts
jeannomiller
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Zee

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 901

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyMon 13 Jan 2020, 11:11 pm

I know i'm light years behind everyone else but i've just updated Windows 7 on my pc to Windows 10. Everything seems ok apart from GT Legends which wont open now. I'm sure i've seen threads on here before explaining how to get it working but i can't find them so can anybody give me a simple guide to getting it running or at least point me in the right direction? scratch Embarassed

Many thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2356

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020, 1:10 am

I'm still using Windows 7, and am afraid that I'll need to change very soon, because of the updates will finish from Microsoft.
Mel, I know that, among others, GeeDee can help you to do this change.
Did you make this update for free, or you had to pay for it? Please, I'd like to know.
I wish you luck, and after, you teach me the better way to do. Thanks in advance. Cheers! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020, 5:05 am

Hi Ney,
I followed the method here: https://computing.which.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360009159719-How-to-upgrade-from-Windows-7-to-Windows-10-for-free
It was easy to do and FREE so long as you have a legitimate copy of Windows 7 installed. After the download has finished make sure when selecting set up that you choose to update and keep all files and folders. If you do a clean install of Windows 10 it will wipe everything.

Good luck  thumbup
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3294

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020, 6:04 am

Installed GTL (Steam version) on W10 for the first time (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950TI) in August 2018 without any problems. Was a big surprise Shocked .

Can't find any instructions, only this thread over a racedepartment, which in fact is no installation guide:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gtl-on-windows-10.157480/

Jeannomiller

Last edited by jeannomiller on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020, 6:14 am

I might need to do a fresh install instead of trying to get the current one to work Thinking
I can get it to run now from the .exe but it'll only work in 800x600 mode and looks like something on a ZX Spectrum... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1099

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020, 9:37 am

Zee if GTL was a standalone version and not steam should not be too much of a problem.

Reinstall your graphics drivers to the latest version reboot then reinstall directx9c you will need to download a redistributable package from Microsoft  delete your shortcuts to the game and reinstate them with new ones GTR2.EXE including the config.exe and set them with administrator privilages.

Say a little prayer
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020, 9:43 am

IT WORKED! jumping0045
I made a new install on a different drive then copied the userdata and gamedata folders across and everything works as before. I had to alter the configuration settings and run in Windows XP service pack 3 compatibility and I now have to give permission for the prog to make changes everytime I run GTL but at least it starts now... Smile
If anything it looks a bit sharper in game now and seems to run smoother than before so hopefully I can now get back to finishing the Capris bounce
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020, 2:54 pm

I got GTL working by right-clicking the GT.EXE file and then choose Troubleshoot Compatability and answered the question.

Same for GTR2.

Been using Windows 10 since it came out and prefer it to any Windows previously.
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020, 2:54 pm

Zee wrote:
IT WORKED! jumping0045
I made a new install on a different drive then copied the userdata and gamedata folders across and everything works as before. I had to alter the configuration settings and run in Windows XP service pack 3 compatibility and I now have to give permission for the prog to make changes everytime I run GTL but at least it starts now... Smile
If anything it looks a bit sharper in game now and seems to run smoother than before so hopefully I can now get back to finishing the Capris bounce

Congrats, Mel! cheers cheers santa santa Punk GOOD GOOD Peace Peace wheelchair
Back to top Go down
MG421982

MG421982

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1425

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyWed 15 Jan 2020, 8:27 am

@Zee: what disk are you using, a classic HDD or an SSD? Also, noticed any FPS improvement on Win10?

Zee

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyWed 15 Jan 2020, 9:21 am

MG421982 wrote:
@Zee: what disk are you using, a classic HDD or an SSD? Also, noticed any FPS improvement on Win10?
On Windows 7 gtl was installed on C drive which is a SSD and it used to stutter a bit in game. One thing I noticed was everytime there was an update on 7 the Nvidea drivers update part would never install. Even going to the Nvidea site and downloading the latest driver didn't work.
On Windows 10 I installed gtl on E drive which is a normal HDD and it seems much sharper and smoother than before so I'm suspecting that it's properly updated the Nvidea graphics adapter now. I'm gonna try a race and see how it works with multiple cars on track.
Another thing I've found: Gimp was taking ages to open and close while it searched for files and now it works in seconds so overall the windows 10 update seems a good thing bounce
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyWed 15 Jan 2020, 3:19 pm

I'll try to change today. I'm totally scared. I'm afraid I'll make a great mess. Please, all of you, remain with your fingers crossed for me, and thinking positive.
I historically, have zero skills to make some changes in my computer.
Let's pray! cheers denkend Thinking Peace GOOD Thanks wheelchair
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3294

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyWed 15 Jan 2020, 5:46 pm

Fingers crossed Ney !!! What a Face

Maybe a bit off topic, but I upgraded my Linux Mint from 19.1 (TESSA) to 19.3 (TRICIA) in about 10 minutes last weekend while surfing the net. Never had any problem so far (fingers crossed too Cool ). Okay this time I had to update the Nvidia drivers manually, but that wouldn't have been necessary.
But in general updating & upgrading Linux is so much easier than doing the same under Windows.
Unfortunately GTL does not run on Linux Crying or Very sad

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyWed 15 Jan 2020, 7:13 pm

Good luck Ney mate but don't worry, it's very straight forward updating to Windows 10 thumbup
Speaking of which I ran an ai race at Oulton Park with 32 cars and gtl still stutters but it's an improvement over windows 7. I'm sure the graphics adapter is the biggest problem though as it's built in and I gather they're not the best at games.
Good job I'm a builder not a driver these days Laughing
Back to top Go down
r0m0r

r0m0r

Anzahl der Beiträge : 148

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyThu 16 Jan 2020, 8:18 pm

For my part I only checked the "Run as administrator" checkbox (both in GTL.EXE and GTLCONFIG.EXE properties), and now it works !
Back to top Go down
MG421982

MG421982

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1425

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2020, 7:55 am

Ya Ney, man up and have a go! Punkthumbup2   What's the worst that could happen? pipe smoker THEY already know EVERYTHING about you! WE already know you're a Sunday driver. lol!

ney.dias

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2020, 1:21 pm

MG421982 wrote:
Ya Ney, man up and have a go! Punkthumbup2   What's the worst that could happen? pipe smoker THEY already know EVERYTHING about you! WE already know you're a Sunday driver. lol!

I am still taking a deep breath and building the courage to initiate change. I have previous experience of having to clean everything and reinstall Windows, and I know very well what a great job it is to reinstall everything again. I have my backup hard drives, but it's always a concern for me. I'll leave to start this big change tomorrow, Saturday.
Thank you all for your support and encouragement. Peace
The older I get, the more fearful and cowering I get. Fingers crossed. denkend
cheers I Am Not Worthy Thanks wheelchair
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptySat 18 Jan 2020, 2:56 pm

You will be fine Ney... some programs you have installed may not work properly at first but keep in touch for help and I wish you every success my friend pipe smoker stroke Cool GOOD top thumbup
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptySun 19 Jan 2020, 2:19 am

cheers Peace GOOD jumping0045
Windows 10 working to perfection. Very easy installation, with everything working OK with none fixes necessary to do. My games opening in normal way with no problems.
Much easier and faster than I thought it would be.
Once more, thank you to Mel / Zee for the link, that was magic.
Thanks to all for your support. One for all and all for one, always and forever! Thanks I Am Not Worthy wheelchair
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptySun 19 Jan 2020, 9:58 am

WELL DONE NEY, YOU SMASHED IT!!!!!! Punk I Am Not Worthy jumping0045
Back to top Go down
r0m0r

r0m0r

Anzahl der Beiträge : 148

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptySun 19 Jan 2020, 10:16 am

ney.dias wrote:
cheers Peace GOOD jumping0045
Windows 10 working to perfection. Very easy installation, with everything working OK with none fixes necessary to do. My games opening in normal way with no problems.
Much easier and faster than I thought it would be.
Once more, thank you to Mel / Zee for the link, that was magic.
Thanks to all for your support. One for all and all for one, always and forever! Thanks I Am Not Worthy wheelchair

I upgraded from W7 to W10 as well. Here's the list of my games that perfectly work (certain with "Run as administrator" and Windows 8 compatibility parameters) :
- GT Legends
- GTR2
- Dirt Rally
- Test Drive Unlimited 2
- American Truck Simulator

Other games that work :
- Sniper Elite 4
- IL2 Sturmovik 1946
- Silent Hunter III
- Silent Hunter IV
- Far Cry Primal

The only game that didn't work is The Saboteur (missing .DLL), I think it just needs a complete reinstallation.

Last edited by r0m0r on Sun 19 Jan 2020, 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptySun 19 Jan 2020, 10:59 am

That's great news Ney, I told you it was easy... well done old chap and all those other guys upgrading to Windows 10 also.

Yeeeehawwww!!!!
thumbup  jumping0045 thumbup
Back to top Go down
framroze

Anzahl der Beiträge : 350

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyMon 03 Feb 2020, 6:45 pm

GeeDee wrote:
I got GTL working by right-clicking the GT.EXE file and then choose Troubleshoot Compatability and answered the question.

Same for GTR2.

Been using Windows 10 since it came out and prefer it to any Windows previously.

Thats Nice to know, an 80 year old friend has had to to get a new computer which comes with windows 10, now I have to help him install gtr2.... hope we dont have probs.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 EmptyTue 04 Feb 2020, 11:20 pm

framroze wrote:
GeeDee wrote:

Same for GTR2.

Thats Nice to know, an 80 year old friend has had to to get a new computer which comes with windows 10, now I have to help him install gtr2.... hope we dont have probs.

Some people who recently installed Windows 10 are saying it works without any problems straight after installing. thumbup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GTL and Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTL and Windows 10   GTL and Windows 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

GTL and Windows 10
Page 1 of 1