Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€How to prevent AI pitting? Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
How to prevent AI pitting? Vote_lcapHow to prevent AI pitting? Voting_barHow to prevent AI pitting? Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
How to prevent AI pitting? Vote_lcapHow to prevent AI pitting? Voting_barHow to prevent AI pitting? Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

How to prevent AI pitting?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wiltshire Tony

Wiltshire Tony

Anzahl der Beiträge : 139

How to prevent AI pitting? Empty
PostSubject: How to prevent AI pitting?   How to prevent AI pitting? EmptyThu 19 Dec 2019, 11:22 am

Hi

During a 12 lap, offline race at Bugatti, all the AI cars pitted on lap 10, which made my victory a bit hollow.

Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent the AI drivers doing this?

Cheers

WT
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3369

PostSubject: Re: How to prevent AI pitting?   How to prevent AI pitting? EmptyThu 19 Dec 2019, 12:09 pm

Hi Tony,

maybe found a possible solution over at trackaholics:

http://trackaholics.forumotion.com/t4695-ai-pitting-every-2-laps

or here

http://trackaholics.forumotion.com/t4928-gtr2-pitstop-moment

Look how many fuel is put on the car in the hdc-file:

From HDC file of BMW E46

FuelRange=(1.0, 1.0, 100)
FuelSetting=49
NumPitstopsRange=(0, 1, 4)
NumPitstopsSetting=3
Pitstop1Range=(1.0, 1.0, 100)
Pitstop1Setting=64
Pitstop2Range=(1.0, 1.0, 100)
Pitstop2Setting=64
Pitstop3Range=(1.0, 1.0, 100)
Pitstop3Setting=64

Cheers

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
Wiltshire Tony

Wiltshire Tony

PostSubject: Re: How to prevent AI pitting?   How to prevent AI pitting? EmptyThu 19 Dec 2019, 3:33 pm

Had a look but no solution. The .hdc file is fine 'cos my car uses the same file.
Back to top Go down
kk08

Anzahl der Beiträge : 161

PostSubject: Re: How to prevent AI pitting?   How to prevent AI pitting? EmptyThu 19 Dec 2019, 6:22 pm

I won't come with the solution but why the AI pits on lap 10?

Low fuel? Then you should edit the fuel consumption or the fuel tank.
Tyre degradation? Then AI is using the softest tyre. You can edit the tyr file or there is something wrong in hdc (I don't remember which line but is usually 1/2 lines below the reference to tyr file).

That's my little help.
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

PostSubject: Re: How to prevent AI pitting?   How to prevent AI pitting? EmptyThu 19 Dec 2019, 6:38 pm

Wiltshire Tony wrote:
Had a look but no solution. The .hdc file is fine 'cos my car uses the same file.

Tony - did you change the fuel in your setup file, so that only AI cars with standard settings need to pit after 10 laps but not you?

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
Wiltshire Tony

Wiltshire Tony

PostSubject: Re: How to prevent AI pitting?   How to prevent AI pitting? EmptyThu 19 Dec 2019, 6:43 pm

The standard setting is about 100 litres. For a twelve lap race you only need about a 25% of that.
I'm wondering now if it may be down to tyre wear that the AI pit. It was set to 2x. I'll have to run another race with tyre wear set to normal and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

PostSubject: Re: How to prevent AI pitting?   How to prevent AI pitting? EmptyThu 19 Dec 2019, 7:36 pm

I just had the same issue (12 lap race at Bugatti). All R5 pitted after lap 9 or 10 and were a DNF as the pitstop didn't work (had a s&g after lap 10 which didn't work neither and eventually was a DQ).
Only other cars survived. Thought it possibly could be the track but it looks like a car issue.

Question

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: How to prevent AI pitting?   How to prevent AI pitting? EmptyFri 20 Dec 2019, 11:27 pm

Wiltshire Tony wrote:
Hi

During a 12 lap, offline race at Bugatti, all the AI cars pitted on lap 10, which made my victory a bit hollow.

Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent the AI drivers doing this?

Cheers

WT
The easy way Tony, make your races only 9 laps Punk thumbup2 Peace
Back to top Go down
Wiltshire Tony

Wiltshire Tony

PostSubject: Re: How to prevent AI pitting?   How to prevent AI pitting? EmptySat 21 Dec 2019, 1:07 am

LOL, You know, it's that kind of sage advice that keeps me coming back to you guys.

Why on earth did I not think of that DOH!
Back to top Go down
Horst78

Anzahl der Beiträge : 44

PostSubject: Re: How to prevent AI pitting?   How to prevent AI pitting? EmptyTue 31 Mar 2020, 9:19 pm

In the aiw-File of the map, raise this value:

FuelUse=58000.0

In most cases this value is much too low. Since I do not have the Bugatti Track, I cannot give you the right value. But you can calculate it quite easily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to prevent AI pitting?   How to prevent AI pitting? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to prevent AI pitting?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution Modding :: Racing Simulations :: GTL-
Jump to: