Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€[Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine? Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
[Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine? Vote_lcap[Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine? Voting_bar[Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine? Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
[Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine? Vote_lcap[Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine? Voting_bar[Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine? Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 2 Bots

jodelmor

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

[Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RobertLidstroem

Anzahl der Beiträge : 86

[Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine? Empty
PostSubject: [Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine?   [Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine? EmptyThu 26 Jul 2018, 12:00 am

Hi!

Getting my hands dirty here... So! I want to tune the engine for the Austin Healey 3000. But i want to only use that engine on specific cars, whilst the others use the standard 225hp engine.

So i copied the .eng-file, gave it a new name, used Toms to tune it to 260hp (i follow ALOT of historic racing, and got the specs from a guy driving the Equipe Pre63-series in the uk).

Ok, so the .car file points to something about engines:

Code:

Number=650
Team="Pete Presley"
PitGroup="Pete Presley"
Driver="Pete Presley"
Description="Austin Healey 3000"
Engine="BMC C-Series 2.9L I6"
Manufacturer="AustinHealey_3000"

But when i open the "BMC3000.eng"-file it just reads at the top "// Austin-Healey 2.912L I6 / 225HP @ 5750RPM / 320NM @ 4500RPM / Copyright Simbin 2004". What gives a engine its name?

I then went into the .hdc and found:

Code:

[ENGINE]
RevLimitAvailable=1
SpeedLimiter=1  // Whether a pitlane speed limiter is available
Normal=BMC3000
RestrictorPlate=BMC3000

Is it the filename itself that points to the engine? So if i was to put this:

Code:

[ENGINE]
RevLimitAvailable=1
SpeedLimiter=1  // Whether a pitlane speed limiter is available
Normal=BMC3000_260hp
RestrictorPlate=BMC3000_260hp

It would run the 260hp-engine?

But then again i seem forced to make a new .hdc for the cars i want to use the 260hp engine, correct? So in this part of the .car:

Code:

HDVehicle=AH3000.hdc
Graphics=Austin_Healey_3000_LHD.cas
GenString=013A011B003x1x02
Sounds=AustinSounds.aud
HeadPhysics=HeadPhysics.hed

I would change to:

Code:

HDVehicle=AH3000_265hp.hdc
Graphics=Austin_Healey_3000_LHD.cas
GenString=013A011B003x1x02
Sounds=AustinSounds.aud
HeadPhysics=HeadPhysics.hed

Ofcourse i would create that file first.

Does it seem right? Havent done anything of this before Very Happy

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2356

PostSubject: Re: [Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine?   [Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine? EmptyThu 26 Jul 2018, 12:48 am

@RobertLidstroem

It's OK, Bob, but don't forget to put the new eng.file inside the main folder also, as you did with the new .hdc .
Inside the .hdc file, would be safer if you put a .eng after the new engine name :

Normal=BMC3000_260hp.eng
RestrictorPlate=BMC3000_260hp.eng
Back to top Go down
RobertLidstroem

PostSubject: Re: [Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine?   [Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine? EmptyThu 26 Jul 2018, 1:04 am

ney.dias wrote:
@RobertLidstroem

It's OK, Bob, but don't forget to put the new eng.file inside the main folder also, as you did with the new .hdc .
Inside the .hdc file, would be safer if you put a .eng after the new engine name :

Normal=BMC3000_260hp.eng
RestrictorPlate=BMC3000_260hp.eng

Thank you! Will put .eng in there aswell!
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: [Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine?   [Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine? EmptyFri 27 Jul 2018, 10:28 am

If you do not put the lines that Ney suggest into the HDC file then it will not work.

Gearbox file names go into the HDC file also.

Take time to have a look at the HDC file. thumbup2
Back to top Go down
RobertLidstroem

PostSubject: Re: [Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine?   [Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine? EmptyFri 27 Jul 2018, 12:26 pm

GeeDee wrote:
If you do not put the lines that Ney suggest into the HDC file then it will not work.

Gearbox file names go into the HDC file also.

Take time to have a look at the HDC file. thumbup2

Thanks fellas!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine?   [Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine? Empty

Back to top Go down

[Engine Swap/Editing - GTR2] - Pointing a specific car to a new engine?
Page 1 of 1