Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding


or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€
Donated: 45€

Google
Top posters
GeeDee
 
ney.dias
 
MOF
 
jeannomiller
 
joeschmoe
 
MG421982
 
nikbear
 
alain62
 
deep-strike
 
lauter
 

Share | 
 

 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RobertLidstroem



Anzahl der Beiträge : 84
Anmeldedatum : 2014-07-12

PostSubject: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Thu 28 Jun 2018, 8:27 pm

Hi!

A long way back (August 2016) i was in contact with MG421982, concerning "ingaming" of a 3d model i bought (70$).



After bouncing some emails back and forth ended without any result. Though i did manage to find someone interrested in ingaming for AC over at Racedepartment:

Racedepartment WIP-thread

Now im wondering if someone would be interrested in giving this a go again?

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
avatar

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1964
Anmeldedatum : 2010-06-22
Ort : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Thu 28 Jun 2018, 8:52 pm

This is a similar mod, already released in 2013:

http://speedster63.blogspot.com/2013/05/alfa-romeo-giulia-zagato-tz2.html

_________________
So long.

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
RobertLidstroem



Anzahl der Beiträge : 84
Anmeldedatum : 2014-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Thu 28 Jun 2018, 8:56 pm

jeannomiller: Yes i know about that one, and im an Alfista, i know most models between 1930-1970 Very Happy And i would like a TZ1 Very Happy Just asking politely if someone would be interrested in doing it !
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member


Anzahl der Beiträge : 404
Anmeldedatum : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Thu 28 Jun 2018, 9:58 pm

I've been following this development for a while and I already had planned to convert it to GTL for my own use.

I can do some of the work: Import, programming, skins; but if someone else does the sounds and physics, we can have a far long expected mod.

Would you be amenable to a GT Legends conversion?
Back to top Go down
WHIPCRACKER

avatar

Anzahl der Beiträge : 181
Anmeldedatum : 2010-06-23
Alter : 66

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Thu 28 Jun 2018, 11:25 pm

If a sim accepted model can be created---I can do the physics for it if you wish

DRAGON
Back to top Go down
MG421982

avatar

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1310
Anmeldedatum : 2011-06-17
Alter : 36
Ort : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Fri 29 Jun 2018, 6:25 am

Really great that this is going somewhere! Smile I might have a go, is it finished for AC?

Unfortunately, this project as it was back then it required work beyond my skills. But... 1st, the model sold/bought was very high poly - more polygons than any game in 2018 - so, my PC couldn't even handle the model. A step ahead was that the guy who sold it agreed to create another model, with a loooot less polygons: ~50.000. Still, the body was unmapped, had smoothing issues, when I converted the model to .GMT the entire model had only 1 material and it was a nightmare just to separate the parts and the materials. Also required full inspection because it had "dead polygons" too, more exactly there were faces built even on the sides that are not visible.

_________________
Ferrari ... F1's soul since 1950
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
avatar

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1964
Anmeldedatum : 2010-06-22
Ort : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Fri 29 Jun 2018, 9:19 am

Some more information about the TZ:

https://primotipo.com/tag/alfa-romeo-tz1/

_________________
So long.

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
ugocity



Anzahl der Beiträge : 6
Anmeldedatum : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Fri 29 Jun 2018, 2:51 pm

I wanted to tell you about a glorious car that ran on the very interesting florio license plate. This is the zenxious fulvia spear that you can see in the link below
http://www.slotcar-today.com/en/notices/2016/12/lancia-fulvia-sport-zagato-proto-slot-kit-6004.php

Back to top Go down
ugocity



Anzahl der Beiträge : 6
Anmeldedatum : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Fri 29 Jun 2018, 2:54 pm

here's the link that shows the livery of the lance fulvia zagato that won the class 1.3 GT in 1969 to the florio plate

https://www.emmebimodels.it/modelli-emmebimodels-pagina-2/fulvia-coupe-zagato-jolly-club-targa-florio-1969/
Back to top Go down
GT350CS



Anzahl der Beiträge : 349
Anmeldedatum : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Fri 29 Jun 2018, 3:07 pm

I think you were just high jacked!
Back to top Go down
seniordan



Anzahl der Beiträge : 74
Anmeldedatum : 2010-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Fri 29 Jun 2018, 4:15 pm

I have been waiting for this car for a long time. Would be great to see it in game. Sounds could be the GTA's (basically the same engine).
The Tz 1963 is quite different from Speedsters Mod.
Hope the project will make it..
Back to top Go down
GT350CS



Anzahl der Beiträge : 349
Anmeldedatum : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Fri 29 Jun 2018, 4:25 pm

Well said seniordan!
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member


Anzahl der Beiträge : 404
Anmeldedatum : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Sat 30 Jun 2018, 2:27 am

seniordan - Basicly, but not the same. A car like this deserves better.
Back to top Go down
RobertLidstroem



Anzahl der Beiträge : 84
Anmeldedatum : 2014-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Sat 30 Jun 2018, 7:12 pm

She looks like this in Assetto right now thumbup



Back to top Go down
seniordan



Anzahl der Beiträge : 74
Anmeldedatum : 2010-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Sat 30 Jun 2018, 7:33 pm

@RobertLidstroen: Stunning car!
@Soze: You certainly have a point there but I think it should be close to the familiar Alfa twin cam sound, at least that's how I remember the car when I saw it last raced. These TZ 1s have become so rare that you don't see them on track too often these days.

Cheers, Dan
Back to top Go down
freeracer

avatar

Anzahl der Beiträge : 133
Anmeldedatum : 2015-08-21
Ort : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Sun 01 Jul 2018, 8:49 am

It is a beautiful 3d model of a beautiful car. It would certainly be wonderful to have it in GTL and GTR2, and we can certainly put it in the game, and the easiest way would be to convert it from AC to GTL / GTR2. Invert faces, remapping and decreasing the number of polygons are tasks that are within our reach, we have people able to do it, but it seems that the hard work of separating the materials has already been done by Brian (look at RD wip topic), so It would be nice if we had authorization for both.
Back to top Go down
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B32bStC68dgmfjNKdTRab2dpdW5pS2
WHIPCRACKER

avatar

Anzahl der Beiträge : 181
Anmeldedatum : 2010-06-23
Alter : 66

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Sun 01 Jul 2018, 4:08 pm

Well---just finished the TZ1 physics using the TZ2 model as a base---so they are ready----stock and race when the model comes available---the race settings are about 1 and a half seconds slower than my TZ2 settings at Sebring 24H. The stock TZ1 at 110hp is much slower but faster than you would think as it's pushing a very lightweight car----very similar to the Austin Healy Sprite Lemans but less topspeed. A perfect 134 mph on Lemans77 straight.

WOAH!!! That looks so sweet in Asseto Corsa---what a lovely model thumbup
Back to top Go down
RobertLidstroem



Anzahl der Beiträge : 84
Anmeldedatum : 2014-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Sun 01 Jul 2018, 8:22 pm

WHIPCRACKER wrote:
Well---just finished the TZ1 physics using the TZ2 model as a base---so they are ready----stock and race when the model comes available---the race settings are about 1 and a half seconds slower than my TZ2 settings at Sebring 24H. The stock TZ1 at 110hp is much slower but faster than you would think as it's pushing a very lightweight car----very similar to the Austin Healy Sprite Lemans but less topspeed. A perfect 134 mph on Lemans77 straight.

WOAH!!! That looks so sweet in Asseto Corsa---what a lovely model thumbup

Whoa, is there already a TZ1 wip? Surprised Link please? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
freeracer

avatar

Anzahl der Beiträge : 133
Anmeldedatum : 2015-08-21
Ort : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Mon 02 Jul 2018, 4:55 am

" WHIPCRACKER wrote:
Well---just finished the TZ1 physics using the TZ2 model as a base" ...
Back to top Go down
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B32bStC68dgmfjNKdTRab2dpdW5pS2
MG421982

avatar

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1310
Anmeldedatum : 2011-06-17
Alter : 36
Ort : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Mon 02 Jul 2018, 6:24 am

freeracer wrote:
It is a beautiful 3d model of a beautiful car. It would certainly be wonderful to have it in GTL and GTR2, and we can certainly put it in the game, and the easiest way would be to convert it from AC to GTL / GTR2. Invert faces, remapping and decreasing the number of polygons are tasks that are within our reach, we have people able to do it, but it seems that the hard work of separating the materials has already been done by Brian (look at RD wip topic), so It would be nice if we had authorization for both.

How do you decrease the number of polygons and still have a good 3D model?! I've seen GeeDee's link how to do it with Blender, I thought it was like some sort of gift from heaven and tried it myself, but the final 3D model is a mess, unusable. The model was full of holes, way too many polygons weren't connected to each other.

_________________
Ferrari ... F1's soul since 1950
Back to top Go down
freeracer

avatar

Anzahl der Beiträge : 133
Anmeldedatum : 2015-08-21
Ort : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Mon 02 Jul 2018, 9:52 am

MG421982 wrote:
freeracer wrote:
It is a beautiful 3d model of a beautiful car. It would certainly be wonderful to have it in GTL and GTR2, and we can certainly put it in the game, and the easiest way would be to convert it from AC to GTL / GTR2. Invert faces, remapping and decreasing the number of polygons are tasks that are within our reach, we have people able to do it, but it seems that the hard work of separating the materials has already been done by Brian (look at RD wip topic), so It would be nice if we had authorization for both.

How do you decrease the number of polygons and still have a good 3D model?! I've seen GeeDee's link how to do it with Blender, I thought it was like some sort of gift from heaven and tried it myself, but the final 3D model is a mess, unusable. The model was full of holes, way too many polygons weren't connected to each other.

I was talking about Chevy's method (http://trackaholics.forumotion.com/t4043-polygon-reducer), but anyway, the holes can be closed manually with zmodeler2. Of course, it can become a job for prisoners, depending on the number of holes to be closed, something like the sordid task of separating the materials ...
Back to top Go down
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B32bStC68dgmfjNKdTRab2dpdW5pS2
0fflabeluse



Anzahl der Beiträge : 98
Anmeldedatum : 2015-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Tue 03 Jul 2018, 2:38 pm

How many polies are we talking about? The wheels seem to be fully articulated from here...

...'bout the rest of my thoughts, I don't want to spark that discussion again.
Back to top Go down
Zexer



Anzahl der Beiträge : 148
Anmeldedatum : 2016-08-20
Alter : 25

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Sat 04 Aug 2018, 11:51 am

The mod has been released for AC.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/alfa-romeo-giulia-tz.22492/
Back to top Go down
MG421982

avatar

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1310
Anmeldedatum : 2011-06-17
Alter : 36
Ort : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Sat 04 Aug 2018, 2:59 pm

0fflabeluse wrote:
How many polies are we talking about? The wheels seem to be fully articulated from here...

...'bout the rest of my thoughts, I don't want to spark that discussion again.

126.495.

Hey, I'll have a go at it, conversion to GTL.

_________________
Ferrari ... F1's soul since 1950
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

avatar

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1979
Anmeldedatum : 2010-06-23
Alter : 70
Ort : Rio de Janeiro - Brazil - not so close to Le Mans

PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   Sun 05 Aug 2018, 2:43 am

Amazing decision, dear Marian!
I’ll be anxiously waiting. Great words, mate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!   

Back to top Go down
 
Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ -63 - looking for modder!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Lucas Chess 4.10 Alfa1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution Modding :: Racing Simulations :: GTR2-
Jump to: