Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Genstring Positions Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Genstring Positions Vote_lcapGenstring Positions Voting_barGenstring Positions Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Genstring Positions Vote_lcapGenstring Positions Voting_barGenstring Positions Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 2 Bots

CHARLY, effjottess, fatguts, supersport333

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Genstring Positions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jd121449

Anzahl der Beiträge : 522
Ort : Pittsburgh PA back then. Tarpon Springs Florida later. Cocoa Beach Florida now. Not far from Daytona and Sebring.

Genstring Positions Empty
PostSubject: Genstring Positions   Genstring Positions EmptyThu 29 Sep 2016, 3:41 pm

Does anyone know if there is a symbol for position 14 in the gtr2/gtl genstrings? I know the symbols for positions 10,11,12,13, 15, 16. (14 is unknown to me) maybe non-existent? That would be kinda strange.
Back to top Go down
jck83700

Anzahl der Beiträge : 18

PostSubject: Re: Genstring Positions   Genstring Positions EmptyThu 29 Sep 2016, 3:47 pm

The ones I know
10 <:>
11 <;>
12 <<>
13 <=>
15 <?>
16 <@>
Back to top Go down
MG421982

MG421982

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1425

PostSubject: Re: Genstring Positions   Genstring Positions EmptyThu 29 Sep 2016, 4:32 pm

jd121449 wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a symbol for position 14 in the gtr2/gtl genstrings? I know the symbols for positions 10,11,12,13,  15, 16.  (14 is unknown to me) maybe non-existent? That would be kinda strange.

Nope, it seems there's no other working digit... but we can't know for sure. Personally, until Zee released the Cortina mod I had no idea that the 12th digit is working... and I really did some searching to see if there're more digits working and did some testing myself. It seems I didn't do a proper job since I couldn't find the 12th digit on my own. Thing is, if Simbin did all this Genstring allocation on purpose, why skip digit 14th?! But this is another question: if they did all this allocation on purpose or it's just a random thing.

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 901

PostSubject: Re: Genstring Positions   Genstring Positions EmptyThu 29 Sep 2016, 4:53 pm

I had a 'discussion' with a guy on NoGrip about the Genstrings who insisted that the 12th (<) and 14th (>) symbols can't possibly work as they're 'delimiters'! Well he's right about the 14th sadly and he also pointed out that its the ASCII code sequence that's used so in theory you could have many more genstring positions but it seems the game is hard coded to stop at 16 (with 15 usable) Sad
Still, 15's usually enough with a bit of thought and combining stuff... scratch
Back to top Go down
MG421982

MG421982

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1425

PostSubject: Re: Genstring Positions   Genstring Positions EmptyThu 29 Sep 2016, 5:09 pm

Zee wrote:
I had a 'discussion' with a guy on NoGrip about the Genstrings who insisted that the 12th (<) and 14th (>) symbols can't possibly work as they're 'delimiters'! Well he's right about the 14th sadly and he also pointed out that its the ASCII code sequence that's used so in theory you could have many more genstring positions but it seems the game is hard coded to stop at 16 (with 15 usable) Sad
Still, 15's usually enough with a bit of thought and combining stuff... scratch

Then... that could be it! pale

Combining stuff... yeah, that's 1 of the "fixes" for the lack of working digits. This increases the size of the mod because it makes you duplicate parts. Still, nothing can beat the poor job Simbin did here: they duplicated the entire car even tho there're some little differences between bodies, easy to fix via Genstring!

Anzahl der Beiträge : 522
Ort : Pittsburgh PA back then. Tarpon Springs Florida later. Cocoa Beach Florida now. Not far from Daytona and Sebring.

PostSubject: Re: Genstring Positions   Genstring Positions EmptyThu 29 Sep 2016, 7:44 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genstring Positions   Genstring Positions Empty

Back to top Go down

Genstring Positions
Page 1 of 1