Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air. Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air. Vote_lcapFord mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air. Voting_barFord mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air. Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air. Vote_lcapFord mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air. Voting_barFord mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air. Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1108

Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air. Empty
PostSubject: Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air.   Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air. EmptyFri 26 Aug 2016, 5:03 pm

I have the Ford mod v1.0 with some great cars and skins but the cars seem to be floating on air the tyre is above the road surface with daylight showing between the road and tyre. How can I rectify this is the tyre the wrong diameter am puzzled on how to fix this, could any one guide me as to what to change in the mod files to get them back on terra firma please.

Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2084

PostSubject: Re: Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air.   Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air. EmptyFri 26 Aug 2016, 8:56 pm

You need to adjust the tire radius entry in the tire file......

Example:   Radius=0.325       there is an entry for the front tire and the rear tire......

I believe you try a smaller number(cant remember offhand), if not try a bigger number.....
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 901

PostSubject: Re: Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air.   Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air. EmptyFri 26 Aug 2016, 11:32 pm

If the car is floating you need to reduce the radius, if the tyres are sinking into the ground then increase the radius. The other alternative is to use 3dSimed to make the wheels 3d larger or smaller but if the wheels look right for the car then go with the first option.

Don't forget that reducing tyre radius will lower the overall gearing meaning lower top speed but quicker acceleration so you might have to adjust the gearing if there's a big difference. I'd also say copy the .TYR file you're using into the main car folder and give it a unique name then open the HDC file and make sure the tyre brand matches the new .TYR file that way it will only change the tyres for the car(s) that need it.
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

PostSubject: Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air.   Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air. EmptySat 27 Aug 2016, 12:19 pm

Sorted changed tyre radius from 0.315 to 0.290 car sits on tarmac perfectly thank you everybody for all your help and info. Have now learned something new will apply this knowledge to the Renault 5 turbo plus others that suffers from the same problem.

Tip after changing tyre radius and saving, delete the track hat files before testing.
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 901

PostSubject: Re: Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air.   Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air. EmptySat 27 Aug 2016, 11:31 pm

fatguts wrote:

Tip after changing tyre radius and saving, delete the track hat files before testing.

That's a new one on me! What difference does that make? scratch

One more tip: Some cars have more than one tyre compound (soft/hard etc) selectable so don't forget to alter the radius for each type in the .tyre file if that's the case.
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

PostSubject: Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air.   Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air. EmptyMon 29 Aug 2016, 11:08 am

Ok thanks for that. I changed the tyre radius a few times then saved it but there was no change on track, as soon as I deleted the track hat file it was ok could have been a glitch on my install.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air.   Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ford mod v1.0 GTR2 cars floating on air.
Page 1 of 1