lauter

Share | 

How to create...... NEW CLASSES IN GTL [TUTORIAL]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Uncomman

Anzahl der Beiträge : 61

PostSubject: Re: How to create...... NEW CLASSES IN GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 29 Aug 2018, 2:41 pm

Muddie7272 that did the trick, menus look perfect, and it picked up my Cupstage Name! Thanks, been puzzling this for some time, although I will probably look more closely at the underlying code to understand better, I saw someone refer to a geditor, maybe I need to get one.

One more question: I suspect there is a setting somewhere that enables one to bypass having to win a series to move on to the next, as it is I will not be able to run those championships unless I finish Cup E?

Very much appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: How to create...... NEW CLASSES IN GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 29 Aug 2018, 3:29 pm

Oh and while I am here, I don't want to have to remember how many opponents to select for each class, and if I don't then GTL adds duplicates. I want to set that number (MaxOpp=25 for example) in the .gdb for that class or series. I could probably go and look for it but you probably know offhand?
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: How to create...... NEW CLASSES IN GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 29 Aug 2018, 3:44 pm

I think I just found it, in the Game.dic:

"FIA GTU Championship" = "FIA GTU Championship" // Max 26

If I remove the //, I assume the number of opponents is limited to 26?

Am I correct? I will test with one of the others that I already have access to
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: How to create...... NEW CLASSES IN GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 29 Aug 2018, 3:49 pm

Hmm GTL just fell over when I tried to access current Cup D. It does Quick Races fine but doesn't like the Cups
Back to top Go down
Muddie7272

Anzahl der Beiträge : 172

PostSubject: Re: How to create...... NEW CLASSES IN GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 29 Aug 2018, 4:23 pm

Hy again

You mean you have a CTD when you say GTL just fell over, dont you? Take a look in the trace-file. Maybe there you will find the reason. Can also be a car or track issue, i think.

Greetings
Muddie
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: How to create...... NEW CLASSES IN GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 29 Aug 2018, 5:07 pm

Yeah I mean GTL crashed, still trying to sort it while juggling feeding dogs and making supper. I put the old menu back and removed all the changes still crashed, and then I put your Cupstage with the new menu, still crashed. It doesn't ever crash in quick race and I can only test on two tracks from the menu because only two challenges are open; one crashes at Imola and the other hangs the screen.

Will look at the trace file: where would I find it? Do you mean the Windows error log?
Back to top Go down
Muddie7272

PostSubject: Re: How to create...... NEW CLASSES IN GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 29 Aug 2018, 6:09 pm

I have Windows 8.0 and i get the trace file like that.

Create a shortcut of your GTL.exe-File. (rightklick on it -->create shortcut)

Open the dialogue of this File with a right Mouseclick. Open the second Menu from left, maybe its called also shortcut.

You see the Line "Target" in which you will see C:\GTL\GTL.exe. Type "-trace=1000" behind with a space between
(C:\GTL\GTL.exe -trace=1000)

From now on every time your Game go CTD you find in the Folder "GTL/UserData/Log" a file named trace.txt. At the Bottom of this File. In the last line, you will find the reason, why your Game crashed.

If you cant figure out the Problem, post the last 2 or 3 lines from your trace-file. Maybe me or someone else can help you.

Ahh, i forget You HAVE TO start the Game with the shortcut, not with the GTL.exe-File.

Greetings
Muddie
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: How to create...... NEW CLASSES IN GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 29 Aug 2018, 6:25 pm

Thanks - I looked at the error log but it didn't tell me much, just that it was GTL.EXE that crashed.

Here is the trace text last few lines:

slot.cpp 291: Entered Slot::Init()
vehgfx.cpp 1354: Could not open
vehgfx.cpp 2520: Entered VehGraphics::Init()
vehgfx.cpp 2552: Unable to read USERDATA\LOG\vehgen.scn: Error opening scene file name USERDATA\LOG\vehgen.scn
vehgfx.cpp 818: Could not open
vehgfx.cpp 2607: Could not find instance "SLOT015"

In the beginning of the trace, this was repeated many times:

setup.cpp 1088: Could not find HEADPHYSICS_GTL.HED

I'm going to search for all these files and try to work out what is going on. I have never had a problem with the game, added many cars and tracks, this is the first problem. It could be a coincidence though.

Back to top Go down
Muddie7272

PostSubject: Re: How to create...... NEW CLASSES IN GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 29 Aug 2018, 7:42 pm

Hi!

Made a Test with a Disabled CPit.GTL-file and get this:
vehgfx.cpp   2520: Entered VehGraphics::Init(GAMEDATA\TEAMS\EXTRA CARS\TZ1\1964 WSC LE MANS\40LM\..\..\ALFA_TZ.CAS)
vehgfx.cpp   2552: Unable to read USERDATA\LOG\vehgen.scn: Error opening MAS file ALFA_TZ_CPIT.GTL
vehgfx.cpp   2607: Could not find instance "SLOT000"

In your 2520-Line your Brackets are empty. Its only a guess, but can there be an Issue with the Car-Classes (xxx.car-File at the Bottom). I think the vehgen.scn-file is not the Problem. I think it is something similar to the trace-file.

Greetings
Muddie
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: How to create...... NEW CLASSES IN GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 29 Aug 2018, 8:05 pm

Gotcha. Yes I also thought it had to be a car classes problem. Will check it out but will install another GTL anyway and copy the user data across if necessary.

Thanks for the help, will tackle this first thing tomorrow morning!
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: How to create...... NEW CLASSES IN GTL [TUTORIAL]   Thu 30 Aug 2018, 11:30 am

FIXED! It was a BMW CSL .hdc file that didn't exist in the folder for the car. I didn't discover it until I tried to run the D Cup because the car wasn't specified in any of the classes I had created but when trying to run the Cup it selects from all the cars. I just deleted the car, wasn't using it anyway.

Now all my classes are set up for F, G, and H Cups. Now if only I could race any series (without doing quick races) without having to win the previous ones...

Huge thanks Muddie!! Your menu mod works a treat!
Back to top Go down
EvolutionFQ
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 674

PostSubject: Re: How to create...... NEW CLASSES IN GTL [TUTORIAL]   Wed 12 Sep 2018, 10:30 am

moved topic

PostSubject: Re: How to create...... NEW CLASSES IN GTL [TUTORIAL]   

Back to top Go down

How to create...... NEW CLASSES IN GTL [TUTORIAL]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution Modding :: Modding Techniques :: Tools / Tutorials-
Jump to: