Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked Vote_lcapBrickyard Legends Modding Team hacked Voting_barBrickyard Legends Modding Team hacked Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked Vote_lcapBrickyard Legends Modding Team hacked Voting_barBrickyard Legends Modding Team hacked Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked

Go down 
+7
hmmguy
rainmaker87
lauter
saxony2112
deep-strike
jeannomiller
ney.dias
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2356

Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked Empty
PostSubject: Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked   Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked EmptyFri 03 Jan 2014, 11:37 am

Copied from Rallymaster at NoGrip:

Suspiciously, days after NoGrip was breached, it appears that our private forum was also hacked. I don't suspect it is a coincidence, seeing as the culprits gained access to our emails, account names and passwords. And I myself have been guilty of using the same username/password combination for multiple forums.

Short story is all of our work has been compromised and it's in somebody else's hands now as well. But we know what we've been working on and it will be quite suspect if similar mods begin to pop up suddenly from other sources from out of the blue. To that I say, do with it as you wish, but we know our stuff.

But that's not the part that infuriates me. If some inadequate wannabee modder or whomever feels they need to steal other peoples work for their own self satisfaction, so be it. But to then rename and delete forum forum files so that we can no longer access them, and the years of discussion, data and resource collection we have had on top of that, that's just an intentionally vile act. If you wanted to steal the stuff, steal it and move along. But to destroy all of our access to our past and future work just because you could......

As far as I'm concerned, we will rebuild and continue forward. I hope I can speak for everyone else on the team, but this doesn't make me want to quit in any way shape or form. As a matter of fact, it makes me want to put my head down and work harder on it. And that I will.

I feel most awful for Kostas. He's been the driving force behind all of us on the team, and I can imagine this has got to be a gutting experience for him. I just want to put it out publicly that Kostas and the rest of the team has 100% of my support.

===============================================
And from me to Kostas at NoGrip, also:

It's a real pitty!
But, I just can't understand, never, why some people do things like that, with, most of times, no gain, just intenting to destroy thousands hours of hard work, for nothing!
Just the unbelievable pleasure to destroy!!
But, we'll be together, Kostas! We are a team and we will continuous to be a Team, proudly The Brickyard Legends Team.
One for all and all for one.
We are with you, Kostas, and will remain with you!!
Be strong and go forward!!
Ney
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3294

PostSubject: Re: Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked   Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked EmptyFri 03 Jan 2014, 12:50 pm

Unbelievable - I cannot find words for that!

Keep on going BLT!!!

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
deep-strike

deep-strike

Anzahl der Beiträge : 931

PostSubject: Re: Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked   Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked EmptyFri 03 Jan 2014, 4:05 pm

It is a shame what is happening at the moment with the forums.  Mad 
After nogrip now the next Forum which was hacked.  Shocked 
I am appalled and annoyed.  Evil or Very Mad 
We all need to be more careful and try to make our forums more secure against attacks.
Unfortunately, I have no idea at the moment how we should do it.  scratch 
But the fact that we have to do something has become clear to everyone by these incidents, I think.
I hope the BLT will not be discouraged and carry on.
Back to top Go down
saxony2112

saxony2112

Anzahl der Beiträge : 82

PostSubject: Re: Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked   Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked EmptyFri 03 Jan 2014, 4:14 pm

Bad news. It's really a shame...  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
lauter

lauter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 853

PostSubject: Re: Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked   Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked EmptyFri 03 Jan 2014, 5:05 pm

Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked Facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon ... what a waste of talent and time for hacking private forums ... there would be so many meaningful things to do ... Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked Frustrated-smiley-emoticon
Back to top Go down
rainmaker87

rainmaker87

Anzahl der Beiträge : 24

PostSubject: Re: Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked   Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked EmptyFri 03 Jan 2014, 5:42 pm

I hope you can gain informations about the intruders, at least from which country they are (or company???). If someone steels shame on him. If someone sabotage things it´s something completely different.
Back to top Go down
deep-strike

deep-strike

Anzahl der Beiträge : 931

PostSubject: Re: Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked   Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked EmptyFri 03 Jan 2014, 6:04 pm

I hope that those who have made these cowardly action be found, or they will even hacked.
That is what I would describe as justice.
The intellectual property to steal from others or to destroy, is inexcusable.
Not even with a hypocritical false statement that the hacker wanted to test the security system.
This is bullshit.
I am really very angry about such an action.
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 790

PostSubject: Re: Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked   Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked EmptyFri 03 Jan 2014, 7:05 pm

I'm at a loss for words! This is terrible indeed!
Back to top Go down
alain62

alain62

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1071

PostSubject: Re: Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked   Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked EmptyFri 03 Jan 2014, 11:00 pm

deep-strike wrote:
I hope that those who have made these cowardly action be found, or they will even hacked.
That is what I would describe as justice.
The intellectual property to steal from others or to destroy, is inexcusable.
Not even with a hypocritical false statement that the hacker wanted to test the security system.
This is bullshit.
I am really very angry about such an action.

I totally agree with Carsten ! It's a shame, these cowards !  Evil or Very Mad 
If people would put as much energy to do good than to do evil, it would be heaven on earth. And much more useful.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked   Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked EmptyFri 03 Jan 2014, 11:51 pm

They should be hung up by their testicles until they are no longer fit for any purpose!!!

Absolutely mind numbingly thoughtless fool or fools who do such things.
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

Anzahl der Beiträge : 453

PostSubject: Re: Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked   Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked EmptySat 04 Jan 2014, 4:25 am

I am very sorry to hear this Sad

You guys still have all your files right ?
You have local copies of your work I hope.

Now if this/these villains were to target say the NSA, I would applaud them but this is just plain wrong.
Like stealing an old lady's purse, they should hang their heads in shame and not even their own mothers could possibly forgive or understand their actions. Sad

I totally sympathise with you Ney and all you guys in the BLT and am pleased to hear that you are going to carry on Smile
Thank you for your continued dedication as you guys would be sorely missed !

@deep-strike
One thing we can do individually is start to save any pertinent and important posts / files from the forums we frequent. If something dire happens at least we will have potentially multiple sources to rebuild from or at the very least, you will have saved stuff relevant to yourself. Remember the saying "Backup and then Backup some more" !!
Back to top Go down
Vetterfied

Anzahl der Beiträge : 39

PostSubject: Re: Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked   Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked EmptySat 04 Jan 2014, 9:39 am

That is just infuriating news. Regardless of if those dirtbags were out to steal, sabotage, or just to get their jollies, its just discouraging to hear how low some people have to sink.
GeeDee wrote:
They should be hung up by their testicles until they are no longer fit for any purpose!!!
Good idea but I bet their junk just don't work already which is why they feel the need to do senseless crap like this.
Hopefully karma comes around and bites them in the ass.

To the members of the Brickyard Legends Team, as a big fan of your work, I'm glad to hear that you want to continue on. You guys have a lot of supporters in the community.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked   Brickyard Legends Modding Team hacked Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1